#1 edi57

edi57

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I fairly competant when it comes to working on minis, but never really done anything with Injection Minis before.

I'm in the process of fitting a complete new exhaust system to my sisters SPi Equinox. I need to get the inlet manifold off to get the exhaust manifold off.

After taking off the air filter housing I can really see the job ahead. Compared to a carb'd mini, there are soo many pipes etc!

It's all looking quite daunting to me. Has anyone got any general advice that could help me with the job?

[attachment=62890:03072008229.jpg]

Edited by edi57, 03 July 2008 - 08:04 PM.

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Nothing really that more complicated compared to a carb other than extra wiring for the sensors. If you are concerned that you wont be able to find a home for the various pipes wires and connnctors, take some pictures before hand, other than that, everything goes back to where it came from, cant be more simple than that??

Only other advice is to follow the haynes manual, that should give you some reffereence material ;)

#3 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

Leave the fuel pipes in place, disconnect the leccy bits and the throttle cable and you can then move it to one side while you change the exhaust. As sprocket said, there's not much extra to a carb one - take piccies before you start so you know where everything goes.

JR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users