6 replies to this topic

#1 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone know how to fit these, I still have the horrible grey ones. Would it be better for me to buy genuine parts rather than reproduction?

Any help appreciated..

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

Interior or exterior?

#3 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

oh exterior handles..

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:12 PM

I doubt you'd get aftermarket exterior handles from anywhere for a Mini, but if you do find some they would probably not be as good as the real thing so I'd go for genuine.

They are a doddle to fit, you take off the door trim and then each handle is only held by two screws through the door panel. Make sure to use enough lock washers and stuff when you fit the new ones and remember the gaskets for them or you'll scratch the paint behind them which will lead to corrosion. If they come with the locks fitted then that's about it, if not then you'll need to switch you existing locks over which isn't hard and is fully covered in the manuals I think. The boot handle is a little harder in that you have to remove the lock fisrt but again that's only a couple of screws and then you'll need a small socket to fit the handle. Just be careful when doing it as it's farly easy to slip with the screwdrivers and stuff and dimple the door skins or bootlid.

#5 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

Thats great cheers mate.. by the way the exterior handles are pretty easy to get hold of. Cheers mate.

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

I know you can get handles just about everywhere, I was just saying that I don't think anyone makes them aftermarket. In other words they'd all be genuine items.

#7 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

ok cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users