Photo
- - - - -

Tore The Rear Suspension Mounts Off The Tubeframe !$@#?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Adamsm

Adamsm

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

Has this happend to anyone yet? I know the roads arn't perfect here but I wasn't expecting this. This is a point that should not be overlooked.
This is the left rear shockmount, all I noticed was the rear of the car was getting lower and lower untill the rear wheel arch started smoking off the tire:
Posted Image

The right side is on its way out too:
Posted Image

Adam.
Montreal, Canada.

#2 xtr2turbo

xtr2turbo

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:52 AM

Has this happend to anyone yet? I know the roads arn't perfect here but I wasn't expecting this. This is a point that should not be overlooked.
This is the left rear shockmount, all I noticed was the rear of the car was getting lower and lower untill the rear wheel arch started smoking off the tire:
Posted Image

The right side is on its way out too:
Posted Image

Adam.
Montreal, Canada.

Interesting that the tube has torn not the weld cracked.

Best call Chris direct if you have not done so already. Normally Chris over engineers his constructions and haven't heard of failures.

David

#3 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

it looks like you've been off road.

I would hate to live in your street..........

with all the pot holes and smoke from your tyres rubbing.......

Hope you get back on the road asap....

#4 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

what happend about this ?
what they gonna do, im really interested

Edited by Spoonz, 14 August 2008 - 06:11 PM.

#5 Adamsm

Adamsm

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

what happend about this ?
what they gonna do, im really interested

I've since chaged the design / location of the shock mounting location.

Posted Image

I don't expect Zcars to do anything about it since they haven't even returned my emails about my sprocket and or drivshafts that were supposed to be shiped to me in May!!!

Another note, don't go for the LSD option in the bike kit. It's pure junk. The Quaife version is only a few $100 more and it works unlike the used / wornout ford parts on my car. Too bad im from the other side of the ocean, because I would of showed up on Zcars front door step a long time ago.

#6 Steve W

Steve W

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Local Club: mkrufc

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

Have You tried to phone chris or rich at z cars? i know they're not too great at the email thing.

but whenever i phone them, usually with a stupid/pointless question, they're more than helpful.

Basically they've bent over backwards to help me, i'm sure yours is an isolated instance

#7 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

Speak to Chris, Adamsm he is usually very helpful, I'm sure he wouldn't want this to get out of control

PS I haven't bought a kit and have no connection

Cheers
David

#8 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

firstly i reply every day to my e mails i get up at 530 am and clear them then i do them again at 10 pm
we always answer the phone and many of my customers will tell you that they have contacted me at late hours and weekends
i was even open on christmas day!!
i have no knowledge of this problem at all or anything to do with driveshafts and sprockets so if you want to get in touch then please try calling us or mailing again you can also use my cell phone on +447786 707734
i do know that our e mail is sometimes problematical but i cant do much about things disappearing in the world wide web
i have only seen this problem on one other car and it was down to a bad length of steel that we got
obviously it takes some time for this to occur and is nearly impossible to predict
we have over 300 mini kits out there with no problems of this nature but since finding the first one with bent brackets we now put a thicker tube on that point AND a bracing gusset in the plane that the stress goes to
with regards to diffs we use two diff types one for road use which is a viscous type and one for race which is a plate type
the race type will allow you to drive with a broken drive shaft on the remaining good shaft and is a very good diff far superior to the quaife which stops driving if a wheel leaves the tarmac
if you have a problem with anything we do please do call and ask for me i dont like things that are not good on the cars and will react to anything that comes up to prevent it happening again
chris allanson

#9 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

just trawled through our old e mails turns out adam has been talking to richard about the drive shafts after all
just bollocked richard for not doing the shafts and sprocket on time
unfortunatly id not seen this to sort it out before hand
apologies adam
chris

#10 Adamsm

Adamsm

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

Thank you Chris, i'll call you later in the week to go over some details.

Adam.
:)
Posted Image

#11 SAILINON

SAILINON

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

It looks like the top mount for the shocker is set in single shear?

Chris is a totally stand - up guy, based on my interaction with him (even on the other side of the pond).

I'm certain he'll sort your car's issue out quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users