113 replies to this topic

#16 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

looks good i was dieing to do the swift conversion but havnt got a clue to be honest. heard they are near as damn it on the mini engine mounts? silly bhp/tonne for you!

#17 nag1_uk

nag1_uk

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

have yuo seen the suzuki area on our 16vmini site?
http://www.16vminicl...1172caee0b0be35

ask any questions there, we are all helpful!
:lol:
Mike

#18 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

thats where i got the idea from have you seen this link

http://mini.brubak.n...rum/mini4wd.mpg

its a beast if i get any where close to this i will be very happy :grin:

#19 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

right ive just finshed my garage off so the real work can start on the mini in the warm (for the winter months anyway) i will post a pic when all painted and mini is in there

#20 duds100

duds100

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

swifts are 101bhp standard at the fly. My m8s got one with a full stainless, 4 branch manifold & induction kit and it makes 95.6bhp @ the wheels. He has no problem with traction - swift engines produce only small amounts of torque so will be well suited for a mini, all the power is between 5000 & 7500rpm so u wont tend to light the wheels up because there is no bottom end grunt.

#21 Alexvariouscars

Alexvariouscars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

surely thats a lot of effort for 100ish bhp??? custom shafts, linkages, mounts.

is the exhaust manifold on the front or rear of the engine?

but fair play its a fair bhp per £

#22 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:07 PM

GTi's push out more bhp than that surely, they are very punchy engines!! are they a 1.8 the gti?

#23 Alexvariouscars

Alexvariouscars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:21 AM

they are a 1.3

#24 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

but i do have the reliability of a Suzuki and a 5th gear and i can get about 50mpg out of it and if you have the right software you can play with the fuel management system and i will be strapping on a turbo

#25 Alexvariouscars

Alexvariouscars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

50 mpg and a turbo? i dont think so.

in standard form they are pretty thirsty as your revving its nuts off. agreed its a good engine, but ur gonna need custom shafts, gear linkages, downpipe.

i am just saying its a lot of work.

Swifts i presure being an NA engine have a pretty high CR, i guess you will be reducing it to run a turbo?

the turbo manifold will cost a fair bit too

#26 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

end of the day if you wanted a series to get up to 100bhp you are talking alot more work and money than what I am paying and when I am on the motorway my engine wont sound like a humming bird with your engine at max revs i have an a series i have been running it for about 2 years the engine just isn't made for modern times and another reason I am doing the mod is because not that many people have done them compared to the 1.6 and 1.8 vtec or the bike engine mod over all it should be a good mod to do and if I wanted to be put down about it I would talk to my girl friend

#27 Alexvariouscars

Alexvariouscars

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:09 PM

:D

join the club.

Fair play, if you pull it off it should work sweet as.. and i agree with the being different part, good luck... i would get the engine in and working first, then attempt a turbo conversion on it

#28 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

i was going to drive it for i bit just to see what the power would be like and then put a turbo on i may not need one if im happy with the power sorry about the out burst but alot of people at work have ago about it like why dont you get a real car if you wont performance get a bike you know the normal C**p what you get when you drive a mini

#29 mini bunnykin

mini bunnykin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

yeah im da only 1 who can give him agro! lol :grin:

true he is getting annoyed about people telling him not 2 do it but @ da end of da day his dad is a machanic and so is mine and hes got loads of people who can help him if it doesn't turn out right!

he has brought his 2 mini's cheap, so if it dont work then its not hard 2 sell da suzuki engine and get another 1! da engine was cheap and its in good condition! da last owner brought it 2 do a conversion but didn't av da money whereas ]GoD[Zander has so he brought it

its a project and its not like he hasn't got a run around mini! so he can spend loads of time doing it up and tinkering wid it! i could understand if he didn't av another mini but its up 2 him and its not just about da engine wid his mini ideas! its going to be a show car and for 1 u need performance! i thought it was a mad idea but then i thought well @ least hes going 2 try and goodluck 2 him and lets hope its a great success which it should be! he's spent loads of time researching it and good for him even attempting it!

my boss who owns a mini and is now making his mini into a rally and he has already spent £6,000 on basically nothing apart from spray jobs and engine changes for example he had a clubman and swopped da engine but didnt put da clubman engine in right so it didn't work so he brought loads of parts and messed it up! hes been doing his mini up 4 about 2 years now and 2 be honest its not getting anywhere but again hes got his run around mini!

also its not like he can't save up 2 buy a turbo manifold! there is a thing called saving which he is pretty good @ and it helps that his job pays well! we will keep u posted and let u know how it gets on!!!

if it don't work then im sure he'll think of some way around it! :cool:

#30 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

good work, your not extending the front are you??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users