12 replies to this topic

#1 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

How much is a Pageant Blue 1977 mini Clubman worth?

It has a 1275 metro engine (need gearbox work), MOT'ed, needs no welding and has some cosmetic work that needs doing.

John

#2 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:42 PM

just under 1k i shud think, depending exactly on how it runs and looks...i think that is about right??

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:06 AM

Nah, for a top notch Clubby with no welding and hardly any cosmetic work need and engine in tip-top condition then you'd be looking at 1.5k, for something that needs the engine out and gearbox rebuilt and a few cosmetic repairs you would probably be looking at not much more than 500.

Pictures always help with a valuation though.

#4 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:22 AM

From the looks of it. It would need a fibreglass or complete new front end, as all the engine bay is rusty as hell. It also need a complete engine rebuild from the sound of it.

I will like to get it still, but I have never bought one before (or any other car), and I don't want to buy a bad one for too much.

Thanks

John

Attached Files

#5 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

More pictures

Attached Files

#6 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

more

Attached Files

#7 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

Last one

Attached Files

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

No more than a couple of hundred for something like that!! Do you know what the interior and the subframes are like?

#9 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

I don't know about the subframes, but it has it MOT till Nov 05. OS i am gessing they are OK. Interior is dirty and not very good. If I bought it, the interior would go.

I have offered £300, as its only 8miles from me, and saves the trouble of traveling far to collect it. I was turned down.

John

Attached Files

#10 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:50 PM

You can either try again and explain to him all the work that needs doing (especially the engine work, if the gearbox has been crunching, you'll be getting lovely bits of metal flying around the engine and generally buggering i up!!) or go back in a few weeks when he hasn't sold it!

#11 b3ardyuk

b3ardyuk

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

I will do that. There is always more minis.

Could I stick a clubman fidreglass front end on a mini like a mayfair model? As I will look out for a newer model mini if I can do that.

John

#12 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

Yep, shouldn't be a problem, someone has just asked that in another forum. In fact I am doing it the other way round (salloon front on a Clubby) at the mo, at least til I can afford a 2 peice CF clubby front!

#13 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

its only worth what people are willing to pay

the more you pester him the less chance you have of getting the car as he knows you want it bad!

give it a while pop back and offer the same you never know it might be the highest hes been offered, if someone else buys it then it was not ment to be

dont buy it just because its local i would rather spend £50 travelling than spend hundreds repairing a pile of C**p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users