7 replies to this topic

#1 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:13 AM

Can anyone tell me whether this would fit onto the mini steering column? I'm quite doubtful that it would, but you never know...?!

#2 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:17 AM

think it might, depending where you get it... sinbad (neil) is getting one, see which he is getting.

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

Yea, but the boss is usually car and model dependent, so I don't know whether this will fit, or whether I would have to get a different boss, or whether none of it would fit...

#4 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

i doubt it will! they do a boss specifically for the mini and MWS have them on their site

#5 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

On minisport if you find a wheel on there you like you can specify if you want the snap off boss or not.

#6 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

there are 3 parts to fitting a snap-off and steering wheel

1) the steering wheel
2) snap off boss
3) Car specific boss

the snap off bolts to the car specific boss so in addition to winning this auction you will need to buy a mini-momo/raid/omp boss kit this is fine if you get it cheap enough

new snap off boss is £99
new momo wheels are £120+

pay you money and take your chances

one thing i would say about this auction is that that wheel looks big, could be around the 350mm range and could be to big really i would not buy a wheel that big

my momo is 280mm

#7 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:05 PM

So the snap off boss bit, apart from being steering wheel specific, they are universal in terms of cars you can put them in? Ie. If you get a vw snap off boss you could then use that same snap off boss in a mini, as long as you got a car specific boss to go with it?

Side note, does anyone have any experience with these snap-offs? I was told today that you weld them to the column and they can make the steering wheel mount to the coloumn loosely, ie. when stationary, you can wiggle the steering wheel around?!

#8 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

snap off are NOT car specific

you will need a momo/raid/omp or mounty "M" range boss for it all to fit your car, this boss is bolted to the column using the standard mini splines for location and the standard mini nut that hold the steering wheel on

the snap off is bolted to this

the wheel is bolted to the snap off

no welding is involved at all

you can buy snap off style kits that weld to the steering column the hex versions are C**p and wear terrible but the spline ones are good, these are really only for single seaters and lightweight race cars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users