1 reply to this topic

#1 charlien700

charlien700

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

hi just a couple of question our race car is a 998cc a+ hif38 carb maniflow single box exhaust system and lcb k&n filter and just added a lightened flywheel my questions are what carb needle should i have as im using the standard metro 998cc one and also would a set of roller rockers make a difference if so which ones 1.3 or 1.5 thanks charlies dad

#2 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

With that exhaust/air filter combination I'm assuming theres an alloy inlet manifold - making it almost a stage 1 kit, this would mean AAU needle was the way forward, however...

You have roller tip rockers, which changes everything, you'll have different airflow, though I couldn't guess at what effects this would have, if you use WinSU, (google it), you can get quite a good first guess, but as always each car is different and you'll get the most out of the race car by taking it to a rolling road tuner, about £80 an hour I think, but will make sure all your expensive mods are working properly, they can also do a health check of your ignition, and advise next steps.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users