#1 Geehawk

Geehawk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

Long story, bit of a vent really, but hey everyone else does :dozing:

My insurance was up for renewal, same company as the past 5 years, I was happy with their quote, and sent payment. Unusually, this year instead of a cover note, and a barrage of forms to fill in for modifications and agreed value, as per normal, they just sent me a insurance certificate and a mileage declaration, which I returned.
I also contacted the company via email to correct errors on the schedule ("statement of fact" as they call it), the details of which I apparently gave them ;) And also to ask about updating the modifications list, as I have made a few more minor ones, and to up the agreed value as its now been resprayed & restored etc. No problem they said we'll send you the forms.
So I waited .... :) and no forms arrived. So I dropped them a friendly email to ask if they had been sent & maybe got lost in the post ;D no reply. So I emailed them again a few days later, and again no reply. One last try, and I got a one line response with just 1 of the 2 forms attached, and no answers to other questions I'd asked. I filled in the 1 form and downloaded the other from their website (this was one of the questions), filled that in and posted them along with photos, the next day.

The following day I get a threatening letter stating that unless the forms are returned they will cancel my insurance. Insurance on a car I've not driven for 2 weeks because I was worried about the mods and value that were not yet confirmed.
Needless to say I contacted them again to ask why, when they were aware I'd only just had forms, were they threatening me, and why did they not answer my queries and not send them, email them, or show me where to download them sooner .... >:ermm:

The reply I received was that they only received my first and last emails, emails to which I had received replies from them. And that they were getting message undeliverable emails when trying to reply to me .... why did they not try to contact me another way??? this question was ignored. What emails were they trying to reply to when they got the undeliverable bounces, if they had not recieved the ones I'd not had replies to ?? this question was also ignored. In fact I'm pretty sure there was no apology at all from them just the fact I should contact my ISP as it was my email at fault :thumbsup: I also commented that it would be nice to deal with the same person each time, as currently I was with monkey number 4. Obviously I never called them monkeys ;)

Anyway the final contact assured me of her personal attention. She would check the forms herself to make sure eveything was okay.

Queue todays letter from monkey number 5. Apparently I've not filled in the modifications section correctly. It seems I've missed stuff out of the "Accessories & Additional modifications" section of the form. The section where I filled in as much as I could in the available space, and put SEE ATTACHED SHEET, after stapling on an A4 sheet of modifications, to make sure nothing was left out, not even the pool ball gear knob. The same sheet which is no longer attached to the form they returned to me.

Oh and as the final insult it seems that at the time of quotation ??? I advised them that I have a non standard respray. NO I DID NOT :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: and that it needs to be stated on the modifications form ...... ITS BEEN THE SAME COLOUR FOR THIRTY TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have contacted them again and await their response, but I have already decided to look elsewhere next year.

Thank you for listening :D

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

Just don't fill out the forms and let them cancel the insurance, and then go elsewhere!

Wouldn't be HIC or Adrian Flux?

Try Sureterm. I would recommend Hagerty Insurance, but I'm not sure they'll insure you with all those mods, but definitely worth a shot if its your second car?

#3 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

I went through minimagazine insurance and they insured me with performance direct, i got all mods declared agreed value for a really good price, :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users