#1 elvisthepizzaman

elvisthepizzaman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of the Rockies

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

I was wanting to buy an acr4 system to read my mpi but I was shocked to see the price of the mpi specific harness. Why is it so expensive in comparison to other 16 pin harnesses. Would it be possible to rewire another s&p 16 pin harness to work with the rover system. ???

the one im looking at is http://cgi.ebay.co.u...tem280249702553

in the S&P catalogue it says 30214000 HARNESS: ROVER 16 PIN J1962

I was thinking that since the J1962 is listed on other harnesses that they would be the same or similar and if not then figure out which connector is the signal and switch it over to the rover pin.

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

Rover harness is aparently specific, even though it has similar connectors to others.

I do believe there are two harnesses that will work, but im not sure which. icklemini posted up these somewhere, but im not sure where.

#3 elvisthepizzaman

elvisthepizzaman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

I think this is the post you are referring to in this thread. http://www.theminifo...x...c=63421&hl=

"I have the acr4 gear, have found that the rover4 pod doesnt seem as relaible as the rover 3 pod on the minis..

also the 30212400 lead is more relaible on MPi minis than the 30214000 lead."

the harness in the ebay auction is for the 302124 but they just cut off the last 00 for space. Ill pm Icklemini and ask him about it. I hope its the same setup as £17 is alot less then £79

#4 elvisthepizzaman

elvisthepizzaman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

I have not gotten a reply from icklemini so does anyone else know about the cables and intercompatability??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users