#1 mogg

mogg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local Club: central washington mini

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

cannot find anything on where to mount a oil cooler on the spi mini? any info or pictures would help.

Thank you,

Ryan

#2 Rented

Rented

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

i found the best place is just between the front grille and the centre bracing bar , just slide the oil cooler rab between the two then bolt to the centre brace , i presume u got the standard black pipes with it and not the flexi houses as i found the flexi's where just a little to short to rearch from there to the block once fixed - plus costs a fortune ( One was £45 i think and the other £30 for the 2 hoses! )

#3 mogg

mogg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local Club: central washington mini

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

I do not quite get what you are saying. by black pipes do you mean rubber hoses,? what is the rab? I do understand the location, but it is too long to be fitted. My supplier bought this one off minispares, it is a mobel I think. I asked for a kit and received the ten row cooler and two steel braided hoses, at a price I am too embarrassed to mention. I overpaid for it because I often need to pester them for information and how to do this and that, but they have no idea where it should go or how to fit it, they do not like to deal with injected minis, and remind me always that it should not even be here.

#4 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

This piece of archive info might help: -

Posted Image

#5 Rented

Rented

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

I do not quite get what you are saying. by black pipes do you mean rubber hoses,?
yep

what is the rab?
i call oil coolers rabs as in radiators as they look simular to the cars radiator . sorry i shouldnt of thrown that one in there !

I do understand the location, but it is too long to be fitted.
Dam :teehee: done 1 or 2 that way but i all makes arent the same as you get universal parts etc There is a kit you can get to mount it down on the engine block but i've never seen one for sale at any mini shop , only fitted as original to some MPI's etc - maybe find a rover dealer and see if they still do them or someone here with one fitted as only seen afew at the above mentioned postion.

My supplier bought this one off minispares, it is a mobel I think. I asked for a kit and received the ten row cooler and two steel braided hoses, at a price I am too embarrassed to mention. I overpaid for it because I often need to pester them for information and how to do this and that, but they have no idea where it should go or how to fit it, they do not like to deal with injected minis, and remind me always that it should not even be here.
well for a 13 row oil cooler + 2 hoses ( rubber one ) i think the going rate is around £75? Theres never any harm or shame in returning items if you are over charged etc , also making the point of saying so maybe hard but can make them maybe step back and sometimes stop taking the wee wee with prices . always laods of advice here so no harm in asking someone to assist in buying parts direct from minispares etc :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users