#1 griff2

griff2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Local Club: east coast minis/ ni-minis

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

hi all my build is now starting to take shape :strongsad:)

http://www.16vminicl...pic.php?t=12801

#2 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Read through all your thread last night - Great stuff. The spit you made looks great - Looks like an incredibly useful tool when restoring a mini.

Are you going to do any reinforcing of the wheel wells to add stength for the coilover mountings?

Also - Was that guy trying to dis your wedling having a laugh? Your welding look great to me!!

#3 griff2

griff2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

>_< :dontgetit: :dontgetit: well at last :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: the car is alive again :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

as u can see in my build dairy on the 16v mini forum its taken me nearly 9mnths of work from body work,making parts out of 4mm steel,learning to weld ,learning electric and many other things she is now working :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

still have lots to do to get her on the road ,but the hrd part is now done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hers her first start
Posted Image
sounds a bit rought but first start in mnths

second start sounds better(still need to make a new manifold and exhaust as this one has holes in

Posted Image

then last night i took her for the frst quick spin :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (now ive done the braKES :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )
its very dark so u cant her her but u can hear her :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image

my god she accelarated so so so fast :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#4 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Love the project mate, i check it every day on 16v forum, its got to be my favorit project!

Well done for getting so far.

#5 crocks

crocks

Porsche slayer!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

looking good mate, im looking at fitting one in mine but i shall only have 3 months to do it in for germany eeek!!!

#6 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

LOL dont say that crocks, iv still got to do the same to mine before germany, but i cant find the time to take the car off the road >_<

#7 griff2

griff2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

hi all

not realy updated much on this site as im norm on the 16vmini forum

if you have read on there you will see ive now moved from belfast to germany!!!!!
getting the car there was a pain in the arse but worth it lol

im realy not far from finishing her now ,ive taken her for lots of test drives and my god she is fast >_<) def worth all the hassle of doing the conversion!!!!!!!!!!

if you click the link below you will see how far along she is now :lol:) i realy only have little fiddly bits to do (when i can be assed lol) then she will need respray and hopefully moted :thumbsup:) (but its a lot harder over here as it will need to be bfg to prove road worthy (its the test all cars owned by britsh military over here have to pass,and its ******* as hell !!!!)

#8 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

i looked at the vid of your car an the 1 of the clocks an sounds like its hunting abit my mates mgzr was doing that an it was an air leak on the plenuim chamber

#9 griff2

griff2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

ya i no mate :trooper:(

im saying :-( but its sorted now ,ticks over spot on at 900rmp :-)
it was a broken wire to the tb sensor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users