54 replies to this topic

#16 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

You say all that as if its a good thing!

#17 tobiasnugent

tobiasnugent

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

i still dont get why you paid 550 for *rubbish* speakers instead of component ones with tweeters etc

#18 Ouster

Ouster

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • Local Club: Looking

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

bye bye sub.

watch it blow up.

what a numpt, hes not exactally clever though, hes got his head unit just floating about on the top.

Im getting my dash board made at the moment and it aint just a 700 watt sub i got 4 220watt mutant speakers also in carbon fibre pods and a 400 watt mutant amp running off a 70 amp alternator. and it got the pods made professionally and not for 450 quid tobias it was 550. and that is just the begining it isn't nowhere near finished. and also you do have leg room beacuse of the way the sub is fitted it allows the passanger leg room. but yes their leg do get blown away. and no i didn't wnat to put it in the boot because you get a much better sound in the front becuase the sub aint getting muffled by the whole steel boot.

That amp will be underpowering the sub, and I seriously doubt that they're 220W RMS speakers.

More money that sense ;)

Edited by Ouster, 27 August 2008 - 01:20 PM.

#19 tobiasnugent

tobiasnugent

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

oh so the debate goes on

#20 miniEgg

miniEgg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Local Club: westcountryminis

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

£550 ;) i now have to clean my keyboard of apple bits as i just choked.... they saw you coming.... what did you actually get for £550?

the sub looks like it is in a box that is not big enough to make it work to full potential. and i would recomend components at the front with tweeters. not just standard speakers.

#21 miniEgg

miniEgg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Local Club: westcountryminis

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

bye bye sub.

watch it blow up.

what a numpt, hes not exactally clever though, hes got his head unit just floating about on the top.

Im getting my dash board made at the moment and it aint just a 700 watt sub i got 4 220watt mutant speakers also in carbon fibre pods and a 400 watt mutant amp running off a 70 amp alternator. and it got the pods made professionally and not for 450 quid tobias it was 550. and that is just the begining it isn't nowhere near finished. and also you do have leg room beacuse of the way the sub is fitted it allows the passanger leg room. but yes their leg do get blown away. and no i didn't wnat to put it in the boot because you get a much better sound in the front becuase the sub aint getting muffled by the whole steel boot.

That amp will be underpowering the sub, and I seriously doubt that they're 220W RMS speakers.

More money that sense ;)

probably looking at 220 max input onthe speakers and the same for the sub. if it gets set up properly it will sound good

#22 tobiasnugent

tobiasnugent

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

but 550 and no component speakers!

#23 tango'd

tango'd

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

the hole idea of having the sub in the boot is that the boot acts as a bass bin thats why you have it in the boot, as fare as the carbon parts go im sorry to tell you that its not going to help you in any way, is just that carbon is a bit better than platic but not as good as mdf, you can have as much watts as you like running in your car but if its not set up right its just going to sound pooo no matter how much you have spent.

sorry to have to tell you all this as it seems you are realy trying to make it work but it wont im afrad

Edited by tango'd, 27 August 2008 - 03:13 PM.

#24 tobiasnugent

tobiasnugent

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

so whats the overall opinions

#25 miniclubmaan

miniclubmaan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Local Club: norfolks mini club soon

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

bye bye sub.

watch it blow up.

you dont need to spend all that money for good sound lmao this is so funny and there not even that good wattage no wonder you need it in the front lol .
when your looking for subs and speakers you want to look at the rms not the watts makes me laugh when people go ive got a 3000 watt sub and its only like a 100 rms lol its *rubbish* .

im running a 1600 watts ( 600 rms) alphasonik sub in a box in the boot 2000 watt amp , 3 channel 250 rms alphasonik speakers x4 and all that was bought for under 300 quid and it sounds the tits . you got mugged mate

#26 tango'd

tango'd

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

i realy think you have the right idea with making your sound system sound nice but all of your money is going on all the rong things, carbon fiber why?

i would just say to you that 1st off get your money back from the guy that has riped you off for all that carbon and secondly just sit at your pc and read up on bass, i.c.e systems and what is required for optimum sound quality in a car audio system then re think your set up

please do not take this thread as everyone saying how *rubbish* your ideas are.
try to take this as a lerning cerve,

every one here is here to help and will try to in the best why thay can

#27 Mark@IR

Mark@IR

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yea. i for one will help where i can, but its a two way process, if he wants to listen then i'll help.

If you really want your bass in the front for whatever reason, then buy one of them Alpine things that go under the seat! Never used one, never heard one, never saw the point in it, but might be a good direction for you to go.

In the future, stay clear of the Mutant stuff.. With the budget you originally had you could have picked up some well tidy gear.

Do you want to break down for us what you spent on everything specifically? Speakers/Sub/Amp/Boxes

Then we'll re-go through your budget should you wish with something that will provide something a bit better.

Also, when your looking through magazines and see 10" drivers in the doors, please remember these are being run 'active' and are there to compliment the front end, not to run as a full on sub and providing all the bass in the car.

#28 tango'd

tango'd

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

Yea. i for one will help where i can, but its a two way process, if he wants to listen then i'll help.

If you really want your bass in the front for whatever reason, then buy one of them Alpine things that go under the seat! Never used one, never heard one, never saw the point in it, but might be a good direction for you to go.

In the future, stay clear of the Mutant stuff.. With the budget you originally had you could have picked up some well tidy gear.

Do you want to break down for us what you spent on everything specifically? Speakers/Sub/Amp/Boxes

Then we'll re-go through your budget should you wish with something that will provide something a bit better.

Also, when your looking through magazines and see 10" drivers in the doors, please remember these are being run 'active' and are there to compliment the front end, not to run as a full on sub and providing all the bass in the car.

i agree with you mate

#29 Spazza24

Spazza24

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

why would you even put them in the front, espicaly if you have passengers, knowing my mates one would put there foot in it ;)

#30 Mark@IR

Mark@IR

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

why would you even put them in the front, espicaly if you have passengers, knowing my mates one would put there foot in it :dontgetit:

Yeap, but, if i had a 12" sub in my passenger footwell and one of my friends put there foot through it, they'd loose teeth? ;)

Haha, no seriously though, i would have put a guard over it just incase!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users