NJolliffe

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:37 PM

Hi
Can anyone advise or possibly got a picture, for fitting an Ultimate Engine Steady to a late 1275 MPI?
I have removed the thermostat but I'm struggling to figure out how I'm going to get the tie rod through all the pipes, and it also seems a little too long.
The breather pipe is fixed by a bracket to the exhaust manifold using the same bolt as for the engine steady bracket (thermostat end).
But when the breather pipe is fitted back in place it then lines up right in front of the hole in the bracket where the tie rod needs to go.

This is the steady I'm trying to fit (along with set of new polybushes).
http://www.hytheperf...146DSCN2194.JPG

Thanks
Nick

Edited by NJolliffe, 05 September 2008 - 01:13 PM.

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

That looks exactly like the ultimate engine steady that I have fitted to my 1990 Mini Cooper. It's known as the 'injection ultimate engine steady' and is part no: EL59.

The 'Moss' catalogue states it's suitable for all injection models? But does that include the MPi?

http://www.moss-euro...CMACC_07A_2.pdf

It's on page 4.

Edited by taffy1967, 05 September 2008 - 12:19 PM.

#3 Cian 'the pain' MPI

Cian 'the pain' MPI

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Local Club: mini-chat.co.uk

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

I have got one on mine, i had a lot of trouble too gettn mine on and had to do a lot of swearing and hand gestures to get it in :- It will fit, firstly the breather pipe never fitted on mine either once i had the steady on, buy a length of 13mm silicone hose and cut to size,take the manifold nut off to get the bracket on and just refit once the bracket is in place, next the rod should be the right size, i took the sound proofing out from the firewall to get better access to the nut, its just a matter of feeding it through all the pipes its very fiddly but well worth it the engine stays solid!

Sorry i have no pics as the car is away gettn a respray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users