Photo

The best car insurers for young mini drivers?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#46 Woz

Woz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

I got £335 and im 21 with mini 1000 modded with a 1275cc under me dad With MCE which was the cheapest for me i didnt find confused.com helpfull at all i found the best way was to buy the mini mag's and just ring everone.

#47 LilacLilly

LilacLilly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Local Club: M.A.D MINI SOCIETY / ABERYSTWYTH

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

I found that Tesco were quite good. I'm 18 and they didn't gasp at the fact that i'd modified my mini. I paid just under a grand on my 998.

oh my god a grand!!!!!

Im with the AA. im 21 had my license taken away for medical reasons, so classed as a disqualified driver, even though ive got my license back. Fully comp with the AA for a 1978 mini 1000. costs me £245.69 a year!!! Only me on the policy!

#48 LilacLilly

LilacLilly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Local Club: M.A.D MINI SOCIETY / ABERYSTWYTH

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

sorry to say this mate but getting cheap insurance on a car with only a provisional is practically an impossibility, you'll get insured... but it wont be cheap ever as long as you're on prov.

It was cheaper for me fully comp as a learner than fully comp once i'd passed!!!

#49 funkychef

funkychef

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

sorry to say this mate but getting cheap insurance on a car with only a provisional is practically an impossibility, you'll get insured... but it wont be cheap ever as long as you're on prov.

It was cheaper for me fully comp as a learner than fully comp once i'd passed!!!

It's often cheeper as a learner because when your driving the insurance company know's you'll have another qualified driver in the car with you, but once you pass you can go out with just yourself and are more likely to have an accident.

#50 minimole

minimole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

Just got insured on my new mini it's a 1975 mini 1000 and it cost me £134 with lancaster insurance and i am 22. It is a classic policy so NCB isnt taken in to account. I have never claimed and have no points on my licence

#51 Gilly2006

Gilly2006

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

im with tesco, mum on the policy, 18 third party 626 quid! not bad i surpose.

#52 Anthony

Anthony

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

Im 18, no points or claims, Direct line under my mum with her full no-claims - approx. £900 on a 1987 998.

Declared my minilites and the premium didn't rise which was quite refreshing. Not told them bout my zorst system though! ;D :thumbsup:

#53 glennthrower

glennthrower

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

Im going to try being a named driver if my dad holds the insurasnce for my Mini, prob on direct line or AA.

Good Idea?

G

#54 herpsuk

herpsuk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: NWMC

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:59 PM

Im going to try being a named driver if my dad holds the insurasnce for my Mini, prob on direct line or AA.

Good Idea?

G

thats illegal

being a named driver on a car that you drive more than the main driver and the such is classed as fraud and is such illegal :D

#55 glennthrower

glennthrower

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:20 PM

i dont think so, but it does sound like your right. I wont argue :D And to be honest he wants to drive it aswell a lot, but thanks for the info

G

#56 project-mini

project-mini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Local Club: SOUTH WEST MINI'S

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:35 AM

im wih sky insurane and pay £400 third party fire and theft and im 21 with 3 years no claims and no points >_<

its dear cus i was with them when i turbod my nissan micra as they only do japanese cars.

is mini world good at insurance?

#57 Sprite_It_Up

Sprite_It_Up

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Local Club: NMO Club

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

im wih sky insurane and pay £400 third party fire and theft and im 21 with 3 years no claims and no points >_<

its dear cus i was with them when i turbod my nissan micra as they only do japanese cars.

is mini world good at insurance?

Very very good i have heard, i am not with them but i here very good things, and good quotes, i am toying with mini world and adrian flux when my new year insurance starts in January.

Ben

#58 mini30me1992

mini30me1992

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:39 PM

you can drive at 16 over here insurance is ridiculous in june ill be looking to be insured on my car but nowhere in the uk will insure 16 yr olds that i know of not even the AA!! so the 2 insurance companies over here can charge what they like lol!

#59 Jack Jones

Jack Jones

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

age 17, high risk area, 3000 miles per year, valued at 800, no modds on a 1000 hle
stupidly £1500 and that was after about a month of searching when i was on a pervisional, it didnt drop when i passed im with ZENITH

#60 WayneB

WayneB

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

Churchill came out best for me: 18 yrs old, 2 yrs no claims (From riding a moped since 16), low risk postcode, Came out at £675 fully comp on a standard 998cc Mayfair :kiss: Pretty pleased with that as I was expecting to pay a lot more, only pain was trying to find an insurance who would honour the no claims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users