2 replies to this topic

#1 Pete649

Pete649

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

I would like to add a water temp gauge and was trying to work out the best place for the sender. The Haynes manual for thr busa shows an engine coolant temperature sender (circular in-line unit) but I cant make out where the photo is in relation to to the engine. I think its on the no.4 cylinder end of the block but I cant seem to find it (or mine does'nt have one). There is also an engine block temperature sender/sensor which is screwed into the head under no.4 throttle body. Does anyone know if this into the water jacket?
The only other option is to bridge a water pipe close to the block, although this would only show the temp after the thermostat and ideally it would need to be before. Where has anyone else fitted their water temp senders?

Thanks for any help.

#2 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

the original bike gets its water temp from a sender in the rear of the block under the cylinder head about in line with the sprocket that drives the car along
the information goes to the ECU and the clocks on the original bike
we usually tee into the top hose with an aftermarket sender and guage this will be the easiest way of getting a temp for you
the digi dash units we use come with senders for water temp, oil pressure, speedo and fuel level
if you do use an electronic guage for the temp remember to earth the sender to the car as it wont read otherwise
chris

#3 Pete649

Pete649

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

Thanks Chris, I will tee into the top hose. Job done.

Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users