4 replies to this topic

#1 Philtrum

Philtrum

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:28 PM

I've started to make a 3 clock centre dash, as I have a 3 clock dash (binicle type) and want to fit some speakers by the air vents so I can get some sounds into the front

I've moved the clocks to the center and mocked up a dash from card and its all going well

I can only fit 5.5" speakers and some tweeters in the dash either side of the clocks, wanted to put 6x9's, but I would have to build pods to put them in ... might still do that yet

my question is, when making a dash, and keeping the top and bottom rail intact with padding etc ... where would you mount the dash to ?

cheers
Phil

#2 Philtrum

Philtrum

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:54 AM

sorry no updates for a while .... but its now completed

have a look and let me know what you think

the head unit is yet to be moved to the drivers side under the dash and the speakers could do with replacing ,..... there where some old ones I had lying about ... 16cm ones

Cheers
Phil

Attached Files

#3 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:56 AM

That's really cool mate! :cool:

Never seen it done like that before!

Nice work! :tongue:

#4 Philtrum

Philtrum

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

its a bit different, I wanted to get the speakers in the front to sit somewhere near right, so the right hand one was actualy on the right hand side ... but I wanted to keep the air vents too (too used to air con .. so need all the breeze I can get :gimme:

Glad you like it

I used the templates from here to get a rough pattern, then made the 2 sides out of card and cut to fit ... then when it was all right, it was just a case of making them out of mdf and fixing it all together

Cheers
Phil

#5 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

The vents arent bad but the passenger one just kicks out hot air from the radiator! :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users