c_mann

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Local Club: -

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

I'm new around here but I thought you would all be interested in a friend of mine's Pick-up rebuild he's finally decided to get round to and as he doesn't have access to the net himself (yeah! - I know!) I said I'd set up a thread on his behalf...

My mate (Doug), has owned this for past 12 years. Having initially rebuilt in '96/97 and then susequently having only covered about a thousand miles in it once back in the road. For various reasons the pick-up got retired from the road and has sat about in his unit gathering dust ever since... The tyres have even still got the nobbles on the edges of them! However, said unit got broken into about 6 years ago and they attempted to 'liberate' the pick-up by trying to reverse it through a closed rollershutter door damaging the bed and O/S side panel in the process...

The time has come and we've decided to give the ol' girl a new lease of life, hence this thread.

A brief spec of what it was after its previous build:

Engine:
Not entirely sure of full spec but believed to be around 1330cc A+ based with the usual bits 'n' pieces; K&N, LCB etc - Did notice its got a Leyland Special Tuning rocker cover - are these rare now?

Suspension:
Front:
Spax adjustables,
2.5deg neg camber lwr arms.
Adjustable tie bars
Fully Poly bushed (inc all engine mounts)

Rear:
Monroe rear shocks (back ends light enough without going stiffer!)
Neg camber brackets

Brakes:
Metro Discs and calipers up front, standard drums on rear.
Braided lines front and rear.

Wheels + Tyres:
CMS 5.5x13" split 5 spokes with Goodyear NCT2 165/55x13's (For Sale as part of rebuild)

Body:
Pick-up Body.
ERA Turbo replica full bodykit consisting of front and rear valances, arches and skirts (Most of which has already been removed in the images below...)
Deseamed
Fuel filler relocated
Bonnet vent (I think its off a Metro?)
Cooper gille
Clear Front indicators
Tailgate removed, plated and smoothed.
Golf 16v aerial on cab roof.
Ford Fiesta colour coded body mouldings.
Full re-spray in Ford Signal Yellow.

Interior:
Walnut 3 hole dash, matching wood Mountney Steering wheel and gearknob (again, For Sale as part of rebuild)
MG Metro seats (again, For Sale as part of rebuild)
Re-carpeted in charcoal cord carpet.

Thats enough of that, now a few 'before' pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'll be adding some more pics once we've stripped it and worked out exactly what we're up against - Stay tuned folks!....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users