#1 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

I was given a 1275GT Metro engine Metro Engine Spec which has a leaded head (and bigger inlet valves) and I want to swap the head onto my '96 Sprite SPi block (unleaded).

Can I do this without any problems? Or will I have issues with the Valves/Guides/Seats??

I have read quite a few sites' information but still dont know.:cry:

If anyone has done this or knows who I should talk to then PLEASE let me know :)

#2 datsun100a

datsun100a

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: www.mini-chat.co.uk

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

works fine and gives a little improvement. The dowels for the inlet manifold need to be removed as the mg head is not machined to accept them and you need to plug the water temp sensor hole or just leave a sensor in it.

#3 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

I'm in the process of porting & polishing the head now then its off to have new valve seats & guides. I'll probably replace the exhaust valves as well. Can't I just use the temp sensor if I add a guage??

#4 datsun100a

datsun100a

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: www.mini-chat.co.uk

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

I'm in the process of porting & polishing the head now then its off to have new valve seats & guides. I'll probably replace the exhaust valves as well. Can't I just use the temp sensor if I add a guage??

Just keep a sensor in the hole, you will be using the original spi sensor from the injection system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users