#16 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Nice to see you wereing your PPE when working on the mini lol

it looks nice mate, but in my opinion it would look much better with smaller exaust :shifty:

and theres lots of different wheels over there are they all mini fittament?

Thanks Luke

#17 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

the huge exhaust is just there to spark some childhood imagination and wonder really!!!
yea, down here we use rims from anything just to be different, its no problem to have them redrilled to fit on our cars. my rims are 15 inch from a VW jetta 100 pcd. nice dish and offset i think..

Attached Files

#18 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

Yeah they look nice :shifty: do you not have to have arches out there to cover the tyre tread?

Luke.

#19 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

aw sure we order everything from catalogues (mini spares, huddersfield,) i just like the real TOYCAR look although when it rains the car changes color.ha ha.

#20 Bristolboy

Bristolboy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:13 PM

very nice work.

A few questions, did he subframe need alot of modification for the 5 speed micra engine to fit?

Also i read somewhere that when doing this conversion, you either have to:
1.have angled drive shafts or
2. relocate the steering rack. Is this true?? if so how did u go about it??

And were there any other real pain in the ass jobs for this conversion?

sorry for all the questions.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Bb

#21 tid_171

tid_171

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

nice work...but i agree that the exahust is a tad too big! but if you like it then thats all that matters :thumbsup:

#22 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

HEY bristolboy!
u mite not believe just how easily this engine fits in the mini! there is only one cut to be made on the firewall and thats a 3 inch semi-circular incision on the firewall for the intake manifold. the diff is so small that it comes an inch away from the steering rack so the shafts exit squarely. this means that the driving experience is superb(no torque steer or kick up). all our subframes are run on standard suspension, they are simply cut, engine placed within and then reinforced around. front and back are never separated preserving its dimensions. inner wing never touched. original radiator used. mini shifter re-used. clutch easily converted to cable. its a routine conversion for us by now! hundreds of photos but heres a handful

Attached Files

#23 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

YEA ROOFLESS, ITS A MIN CLUB FOR SURE!
the name of our club is TRINIMINI and we are 115 member strong and growing! every month we go on runs or have fun activities because here in trinidad we may be small but we are crazy about our cars (especially our minis). u mite find that alot of our photos are on the beach or on the way to the beach too, i cant think of a better destination!!!!

HHmmmmmmmmm - IMM 2010 !!! its got my vote :(

#24 Bristolboy

Bristolboy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

HEY bristolboy!
u mite not believe just how easily this engine fits in the mini! there is only one cut to be made on the firewall and thats a 3 inch semi-circular incision on the firewall for the intake manifold. the diff is so small that it comes an inch away from the steering rack so the shafts exit squarely. this means that the driving experience is superb(no torque steer or kick up). all our subframes are run on standard suspension, they are simply cut, engine placed within and then reinforced around. front and back are never separated preserving its dimensions. inner wing never touched. original radiator used. mini shifter re-used. clutch easily converted to cable. its a routine conversion for us by now! hundreds of photos but heres a handful

Cheers for the info chief. You are the man :(

Bb

#25 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

tanx dawg!

#26 Bondbill2k2

Bondbill2k2

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

looks cool apart from the redicolous exhaust most corsa chavs would envy

#27 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

HEY bristolboy!

have you got dimensions for this and how do u strengthen it? Like what with and how thick etc etc...

and what about things like wiring and speedo...just swap them to micra ones??

#28 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hi chief,.... I will be In Havana etc in August so may well try to search about and find you guys!!!

#29 kez_19

kez_19

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

hi there i have been looking at your cars with great interest and love what you do

my question is do you have a web site or photo gallery where i could see more of your work

thanks michael

#30 nurseholliday

nurseholliday

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

You guys look like you know what you're doing. Top work ;D

I'm not too keen on the ride height but forget the naysayers about the exhaust. A Mini that mad needs some big sound!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users