#16 heathcliffe

heathcliffe

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Local Club: Wanting to Join a club!!

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

OH Dear i am a complete muppet. In the end it was the batterys, took me ages to find some but when i did it worked first time and i kicked myself really hard!!!!!!!!
I was so sure the batterys were fine but there must have not been enough power in them to run the radio signal but the LED was still lighting up!

Thanks so much for the help everyone, think i might go for an aftermarket alarm system now. Does anyone have any suggestions while i'm on the topic?

#17 minimat

minimat

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Local Club: anglian mini club

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

Glad you got it sorted i would advice leaving it off now as they can be troublesome, i keep a spare pair of batterys in the boot just in case,as for a replacement alarm i fitted a micro scan to my honda civic about 4 years ago on a freinds recomendation and have had no problems with it.I know it does not have the fancy name like a clifford or toad etc but it has everything you need inc centrall locking out put,interior light delay,shock and ultrasonic sensors plus you can add total closure and imobiliser or pager to it if you wish all for around £120.

#18 roxycat20

roxycat20

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hi, I had exactly the same problem.... my immobilser fob battery went, so I just put in a new battery, but I didnt realise when you do this that this resets your fob, so you need to retune it, by pressing the alarm on button and alarm off button a few times in a row..... I found this out after a call out from the RAC man.....

But I also found out my other was duff as he did a signal test, I just got the code off the back of the fob, went on ebay and bought 2 used ones, and went to my rover garage where they tuned them to my engine... cost about £50 for 2..... worth a try!!

#19 heathcliffe

heathcliffe

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:36 PM

Glad you got it sorted i would advice leaving it off now as they can be troublesome, i keep a spare pair of batterys in the boot just in case,as for a replacement alarm i fitted a micro scan to my honda civic about 4 years ago on a freinds recomendation and have had no problems with it.I know it does not have the fancy name like a clifford or toad etc but it has everything you need inc centrall locking out put,interior light delay,shock and ultrasonic sensors plus you can add total closure and imobiliser or pager to it if you wish all for around £120.

Might have to look into that then, you think the C/Locking is worth it i mean i theres only 2 doors that open but i can see how it would be easier especially if you can unlock it via the remote.
Thanks for the advice.

#20 heathcliffe

heathcliffe

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

Hi, I had exactly the same problem.... my immobilser fob battery went, so I just put in a new battery, but I didnt realise when you do this that this resets your fob, so you need to retune it, by pressing the alarm on button and alarm off button a few times in a row..... I found this out after a call out from the RAC man.....

But I also found out my other was duff as he did a signal test, I just got the code off the back of the fob, went on ebay and bought 2 used ones, and went to my rover garage where they tuned them to my engine... cost about £50 for 2..... worth a try!!

I wish i'd of tested the fob now to see if there was a signal then maybe i would have figured out it was the batterys a little sooner but hey you gotta learn!
I've found a place that will send me a new keyfob that i can code myself at home i'm just awaiting a reply to see how much it will cost me.
Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users