39 replies to this topic

#16 aaronyoung

aaronyoung

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

hi guys type payslip into ebay you can buy blank ones for a few quid, print on your computer hey presto beat down halfrauds over inflated rip off prices.

#17 kez_19

kez_19

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

i googled garage payslip and clicked on the first page they are not cheap but i guess they will work

i dont need to do this as i am a qualified car mechanic and live in sweden but on my next visit home i think i will get one for my dad who is a taxi driver and might be able to use it

thanks for the tips

michael (and my dad)

#18 aaronyoung

aaronyoung

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:09 PM

try this link
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Soft-TrainLtd
got some for under £3 dont have to be great to fool some spotty gimp in halfrauds also maybe better to go on a weekend when they are busier and the staff are less likely to be check properly

#19 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

try this link
got some for under £3 dont have to be great to fool some spotty gimp in halfrauds also maybe better to go on a weekend when they are busier and the staff are less likely to be check properly

thanks! i used to work there

yours faithfully...a spotty gimp...apparently :D :lol:

#20 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

Well I managed to get one for our local mini owners club...

At the end of the day, if there's an incentive for local group of car enthusiasts to by items from halfords instead of any other local motorfactors then halfords are on to a winner...

Simply Ask, you don't need to go through all this gubbins with forged documentation, which I suspect is technically fraud...

#21 aaronyoung

aaronyoung

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

try this link

thanks! i used to work there

yours faithfully...a spotty gimp...apparently :D :lol:

sorry no offense meant

#22 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

I used to work there and went in at the weekend and simply asked my manager for one sol i didn't have to keep using my old staff trade card which expired well over a year ago and he just gave me one and said he'll just put on the computer im on an engineering course at uni lol

He said thay've basically been told to just hand them out as much as poss because at the end of the day it makes more people come to us rather than others and they still make a fair bit of profit so it just makes sence to.

If you can think up a good enough reason you'll be able to get one.

#23 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

If anyones got one for sale :mrcool: im after one!

#24 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

If anyones got one for sale :mrcool: im after one!

There free - Go in and ask!

Just say something like your a classic car restorer you buy, restores and sells classic cars. Just say you regularly spend alot of money on servicing consumables and tools. I'm pretty sure they'd let you have one.

No harm in trying.

#25 Big Man

Big Man

Put your trousers on---You're Nicked!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:42 AM

You can get discount on quite a few things. There are some things which are excempt like welders for instance.

To get a trade card, I would pretend to work in a garage. They may ask you for a payslip from said garage, which, if you know how to work google you will have no problems finding said "payslip"..................

Careful doing this if your found out your liable to be arrested for Fraud by False representation! However as a pure discussion point no worries!!!!!!!

#26 maddogmcg

maddogmcg

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

Thankd everyone for the information dodgy and otherwise . On the site they say you can get one if you buy a lot of car parts ,so it sounds like the best way to get one .

#27 al.

al.

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:45 AM

watch out for using it when you've got sale items in your basket...some items that aren't discounted on trade cards don't have their price updated when the shelf price is lowered. i bought a bunch of stuff and used trade card for entire transaction, then got home and realised i'd paid full price for a "half price sale" item...doh! best buy so far has to be either brake light bulbs (shelf £6, trade 24p) or individual ignition leads for a quid each

the halfrogs professional tools are mostly made by britool and are excellent value even at full price

#28 al.

al.

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:09 AM

oh and i've never had a problem with signature...on the rare occasion that they've even asked for it i've just scribbled across the receipt. one member of staff once checked the sig against the card and said "it looks nothing like it...oh well, i don't care" and sent me on my merry way lol

#29 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:56 AM

watch out for using it when you've got sale items in your basket...some items that aren't discounted on trade cards don't have their price updated when the shelf price is lowered. i bought a bunch of stuff and used trade card for entire transaction, then got home and realised i'd paid full price for a "half price sale" item...doh! best buy so far has to be either brake light bulbs (shelf £6, trade 24p) or individual ignition leads for a quid each

the halfrogs professional tools are mostly made by britool and are excellent value even at full price

In terms off offers - You either get the discounted shelf price OR the trade discount - Not Both. So if you did the transaction with your trade card you will have got trade price rather than the RRP.

#30 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

I went in and asked for a trade card as Im an engineer (I work in an office) and I have a classic car that I need tools/parts for.

The manager took a bit of pursuasion but I got one.

I think they are great and ive bout a fair few tools and parts.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users