454 replies to this topic

#451 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

I used the r1 throttle cable just cut it a bit shorter and fitted a screw on end piece to locate it in the minis throttle pedal.
I used some bits off a bicycle (from where the cable goes into the brake levers) to hold the throttle cable in position as it passes through the bulkhead.
No reverse on mine but the shift cable is near enough in the middle so that it passes through on a straight line the gear selector mechanism

#452 kubinski

kubinski

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:01 AM

I used the r1 throttle cable just cut it a bit shorter and fitted a screw on end piece to locate it in the minis throttle pedal.
I used some bits off a bicycle (from where the cable goes into the brake levers) to hold the throttle cable in position as it passes through the bulkhead.
No reverse on mine but the shift cable is near enough in the middle so that it passes through on a straight line the gear selector mechanism

Thank you :D

#453 Noble Savage

Noble Savage

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:30 AM

Hey Oliver, sent you a PM.

#454 mini_mentalist_chris

mini_mentalist_chris

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Local Club: S.L.M.O.C.

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:22 PM

I've just read this thread from start to finish. What a fantastic build! Nice one! I have been doing up my house so have neglected my mini for the past couple of years, but was collecting all the bits to go A-series turbo (looking for about 170 BHP). Over the past few days I've been more inclined to go for the R1 set up, the more I've read/watched. The cost doesn't seem to be too different. I am building a "weekend warrior"/track day car so having something this extreme wouldn't be an issue. 

#455 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

Thank you!
It was off the road yet again after the builder fell through the fibre cement garage roof and all the debris fell on the mini.
Anyway it got sent back to Joe at John Holloway Cars to do the repairs. That all went fine however it then sprung a leak from the coolant hose that’s tucked up behind the exhaust.
Managed to get the old hose off but not got around to fitting a new one yet.
Still, it’s winter so I’m not exactly missing much driving time

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares