738 replies to this topic

#736 KTS

KTS

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

very neat job on the fan mounting.  that's another idea of yours i may have to use  ;D

hopefully that's the end of the problems and you can get out and enjoy the fruits of your labour !

#737 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

Fingers crossed that'll be the last time you pull the engine out, Alex!! Following your progress on Instagram too, it's heart breaking when you have to pull the bloody thing out again!

#738 Jared Mk3

Jared Mk3

Has a small thing but it does make a difference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

Hoping that's the last time the gearbox has to be opened up! As above, really neat solution for the mounting of the fan  =]

#739 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

very neat job on the fan mounting.  that's another idea of yours i may have to use  ;D

hopefully that's the end of the problems and you can get out and enjoy the fruits of your labour !

Haha, nice simple solution and no need to drill anything. I stuck some rubber on them to so it doesn't slip and scratch etc.

Yeah, I've been out enjoying it this afternoon since it's sunny.

Fingers crossed that'll be the last time you pull the engine out, Alex!! Following your progress on Instagram too, it's heart breaking when you have to pull the bloody thing out again!

Definitely, fun doing it every couple of weeks >_<. Yeah, so annoying having to take everything off and refit, the thing I hate the most it scraping all the gaskets off :mmkay:

Hoping that's the last time the gearbox has to be opened up! As above, really neat solution for the mounting of the fan  =]

Yeah hopefully I won't see the inside of it for a while. Cheers, It got tested out today to, it was quite hot and sitting in a bit of traffic, the fan kicked in. I'm slightly tempted to get a smaller water pump pulley so the mechanical fans spins faster at idle but that may be too much then as it sits and normal with the larger pulley while driving along.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares