#46 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

well sounds good cheers lad, this willl hopefully be my first time doing it, i did the landrover run and that was good, so i can imagine what it'll be like in my own car. Let's hope we all get a ticket

#47 giacomo

giacomo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

hopefully i'll be going tooo, 3rd time in a row it'll be!

#48 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

I may make the 2012 run the deadline for my current repair work/restoration. It's mid-May though, so hopefully it won't clash with my uni exams. If I do go, i'll be sure to bring earplugs this time. I didn't realise Mini owners were such party animals O_O I was so tired on the morning of the run I nearly fell asleep at the wheel!

#49 jbs.998

jbs.998

Previously known as Rockabillypsychosis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'm hoping to be going, whether or not I can ge a ticket!
Will be my first time, such a virgin!,

#50 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

Application forms have already gone out to LSMOC members. I have sent mine off already but only so that I do not forget it later or lose it. The application forms for non-members will be printed in the March issue of MiniWorld which comes out towards the end of January - less than two months from now.
Ticket sales last year were slower than in the previous years. If people were put off because of the delays in setting off from CP in 2009 and 2010 it is a pity because this year everyone was out of the park in a much shorter time.

#51 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

How else do you get a ticket if you are not a LSMOC member or don't buy Miniworld Magazine?

#52 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

How else do you get a ticket if you are not a LSMOC member or don't buy Miniworld Magazine?

Unless things have changed I don't think you can. If you're not in LSMOC, I think it's a case of you buying a copy of Miniworld you don't want, once a year in order to get yourself a ticket. Miniworld are one of the main sponsors of the event and what they get back in return is a whole load of mini owners being forced into buying their magazine once a year. (presumably in the hope that they will read it, like it and then continue to buy it/subscribe to it.)

So all in all, that's another four pound something you have to pay in addition to the £25 ticket price, that you have to pay for the privilege of taking part!!

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention that you could always buy a copy of Modern Mini Magazine (Miniworld for Bini's) instead. I understand that they have L2B application forms in them these days too, so at least you now have the option of buying one of two magazines you don't actually want in order to buy a ticket!! :lol:

EDIT 2: Or you could always take a risk, wait until a few weeks before the run and then buy a ticket from one of the many that get advertised on here each year, by TMF members who can no longer go themselves and are looking to sell their ticket on. :thumbsup:

Edited by AVV IT, 29 November 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#53 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

In the previous two or three years, LSMOC have accepted photocopies of the application form in MiniWorld. I don’t know if they will accept them again this year, but you could ask. Also, as mab01uk said, they were still selling L2B tickets at Brooklands at the end of March this year and I think they were being sold to the public – no membership/MiniWorld application forms required. If ticket sales are slow again for 2012, you should be able to get a ticket without too many problems. Obviously, LSMOC need to sell the tickets to fund the event.

#54 muddd001

muddd001

TMFs Calender King

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Whats the date for L2B and I will stick it on the Calendar

#55 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Sunday 20th May 2012 :)

#56 muddd001

muddd001

TMFs Calender King

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Sunday 20th May 2012 :)

Thanks tanya

#57 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Guess I'll be buying a copy of MiniWorld in January then! :lol:

#58 se_juggles

se_juggles

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

i AM getting tickets but i dont think ill be on the road in time for it but just incase i am i will deffinetly be ordering them :P

#59 ministar

ministar

you ate the whole wheel of cheese?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

i AM getting tickets but i dont think ill be on the road in time for it but just incase i am i will deffinetly be ordering them :P

Last year I wasn't going to make in my mini (clutch went, decided to rebuild the gearbox and get more power ;)) so i sold my ticket on here. It was at discounted price, and approved by LSMOC L2B organiser. You just have to let them know a week or so before had :)

But best of luck getting it done !!

#60 Spud_133

Spud_133

mmm potato and cheese....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Local Club: C&T Classics

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Don't think I'll be doing it now as I'm racing my lightning rod, like last year, except it was on a Saturday at Ipswich, unlike next year which is on a Sunday :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users