69 replies to this topic

#31 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

How have you matched the compressor and turbine maps to the engine?
What have you done to the engine to account for the additional airflow from the turbocharger?
What compression ratio have you gone for?
How will you fuel the engine?
Is this just a track car or do you intend to SVA?
Where do you keep the pigeons you use to supply your welder?

Why don't you get on with your project instead of abusing other projects? Three and half years to get a few line drawings and some minor fabrication, your slower than me, you also need to rename your project thread to something more suitable, maybe

"Little Less Abuse A Little More Action"

David

Edited by R1mini, 12 April 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#32 SukiDawg

SukiDawg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm just not one of the kids who ooohs and ahhs at every death trap people post....

Apart from the last - tongue in cheek - line, all valid questions I think you'll find.

Line drawings are typically done on paper, 3D solid CAD models are a little more involved, but yes you're right that is what I have been doing. I like to think thats the other end of the scale to some - others might not know or care about the difference...

Roll on.

Edited by SukiDawg, 12 April 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#33 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'm just not one of the kids who ooohs and ahhs at every death trap people post.... Abuise me all you like, but this is terrible..

I'm not abusing you, I'm not a kid either, I just think that there are so many less offensive ways of saying what in many cases needed to be said. I mostly agree with you on many of your comments, just not the sledge hammer style it's delivered with

David

Edited by R1mini, 12 April 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#34 davemini 2007

davemini 2007

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

How have you matched the compressor and turbine maps to the engine?
What have you done to the engine to account for the additional airflow from the turbocharger?
What compression ratio have you gone for?
How will you fuel the engine?
Is this just a track car or do you intend to SVA?
Where do you keep the pigeons you use to supply your welder?

sorry to say pall its a hobby not a job im a roofer by trade if u dont like what u see dont look OK

#35 SukiDawg

SukiDawg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Which is why i edited...

Look - in Europe - right now - modifying your own vehicle is illegal. Its illegal for reasons of safety, because plenty of people just did what they thought was Ok in their eyes when in reality it was downright foolhardy and dangerous.

We have IVA in the UK, and if you are intending to use a modified vehicle on the road then you really do need to make sure that you are complying with the legislation and going for the test. If people flaunt the law, sooner or later the government will withdraw IVA and we'll end up like the many other countries and you will have to homologate to get your project on the road. Thats basically the end of it for everyone.. I don't want that - which is why it winds me up to see things like this on the internet with people praising clearly sub-standard and poorly executed convertions. No doubt the original poster will disagree, but hey its the internet so there is nothing to prevent opnions being aired.

It would be a good idea for anyone considering this kind of work to google "Nigel Gresham" for an idea of what can (not necesarilty will) happen to you if you go ahead thinking you are infallible.

#36 SukiDawg

SukiDawg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

sorry to say pall its a hobby not a job im a roofer by trade if u dont like what u see dont look OK

See above.

#37 davemini 2007

davemini 2007

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

See above.

well y dont u spend all day sayin the same old **** to every one else then mate

#38 SukiDawg

SukiDawg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Sorry I don't understand what you mean - but beleive it or not I actually have mine and other car builder's interests at heart...

Here is some info to help:

http://www.direct.go...hicle/DG_191068

You need to accrue 8 points to avoid IVA.. In this case:

Chassis or monocoque modified: Yes - subframe chopped about and rear floor cut out and seat bulkhead gone (5 points if untouched)
Suspension modified: Yes - coilovers fitted (2 points if original)
Transmission modified: Yes - its from the donor car (2 points is original)
Steering Assembly modified: No - 2 points earnt.
Engine original: No (1 point if original).

So you have 2 of the 8 points required to avoid IVA. :nuke:

#39 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

oh no... we have another IVA freak on the forum... woop-de-doo

#40 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

unfinished project coming to ebay soon.......................................

#41 SukiDawg

SukiDawg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

I quite like being able to build my own vehicles, have them inspected and register for the road... If that makes me a freak, I'm a freak.

#42 davemini 2007

davemini 2007

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Dear SukiDawg

IVA Will have to be done before mot if to be put on road, this vehicle has been off road for a couple of years and if i do decide to put it on road all required tests will be taken but for now id like to keep it as a track project to perfect my skills which as youve pointed out arnt the best but considering id never touched a welder until started this project, i dont think are too bad, Sorry we cant all be as perfect as you born with a silver spoon in our mouth and have the necessary computer skills to be able to spend 3yrs getting our projects onto cad before actually lifting a tool but this project was done on a very tight budget as something i like to do not just to show the size of my...... wallet!! So as much as i like to hear peoples views and advise, your 'you have to do it this way and that way' opinion is not needed here so kindly go find a big cliff and see how fast you can reach the bottom.

Yours sincerly, dave

#43 davemini 2007

davemini 2007

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

unfinished project coming to ebay soon.......................................

Dreamer

#44 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I quite like being able to build my own vehicles, have them inspected and register for the road... If that makes me a freak, I'm a freak.

scare mongering all over this forum has had people deleting stuff including pictures to hide nothing more than a bulkhead box! something thats been fine for years untill big-wigs decided they wanted more cash pushing the IVA, rabbling on about it on every forum out theres just going to hype it up. nothing will be able to be done to cars, buissneses will fail all because some useless chatter on various internet forums.

so basicly... sure, you might not like it... but to go on about IVA's the guy never even said it was for the road so quit your belly aching and go scrole your mouse else where.

#45 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,899 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Please keep this civil otherwise it will be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users