(Edit: Little did i know at this point that I would soon move to k-series haha..)
Well the original thread i did is lost and gone... so i thought i would create a new one, whilst I have had loads done, and lots to talk about!
It isn't so much a project, but I'm slowly changing it to the car I've always wanted :)
This will be pic heavy (you have been warned)
First off, here is the car back in February 2013, when I first got the car!
Pretty ugly i know, but for a first car.. it was awesome
The first thing i had to do was to get it through the mot and pass my driving test!
It was really sluggish to drive so the engine was cleaned of all its bits and things were tweaked and holes filled to get it through the mot
Well my driving test!
Failed my test the first time (Not even sure why)
Passed the second with 0 Minors (Pretty good huh? )
The first thing i really wanted to do was to get the interior sorted, so with inspiration from 'minimaxie' i did this!
spent ages making these door cards from scratch... looks pretty good :)
Next was the seats.. do I get new ones, leather covers.... nope to both £30 seat covers from ebay... and actually they look really really nice!
Next up what wheels and removing those awful stripes on the bonnet!
got some superlight wheels :)
So the car looked like this for quite a while :) until about april 2014
april 2014, massive oil leak struck! half moon seal amongst other thing went, so engine came out, and i decided to have a rebuild at the same time!
MG Metro cam added duplex chain ect ect.
This made much a difference! it actually drived like a 1275 after that and not 998 :L
the timing chain was so streched it was skipping teeth!
I also changed the Diff!
i had a 3.9 which i was un aware of... which is why it reved its bolocks off!
Later found out it used to be a hillclimbing car! :)
so switched to a 3.44 and its great :)
and changed from red to black grille...
The Rio now looks like this!
Heres the engine after :)
As well as that... got the front 2 spot lights wired up and a new radio stereo..
i replaced the ash tray with a switch panel i made :)
Next to do is the sills and floor pan... they are getting worse pretty quickly!
and after that, its engine upgrade time!
hif 44 carb (already bought) mg manifold and spi exhaust manifold and undecided on the downpipe!
then a nice twin works style exhaust :)
Thennn a 3 clock gauge set up :)
Edited by willava182, 06 March 2015 - 07:15 PM.