896 replies to this topic

#856 BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:40 PM

I used to have an irrational fear of bridges.

Then I got over it.

#857 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:30 PM

I am getting all of these unwanted and annoying texts and phone calls! I wished my wife would stop! 

#858 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:43 AM

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” 

― George Carlin

Amazing! Its the same kind of thing with my wife! She always has the last word!

#859 DJS911

DJS911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:07 PM

Does anyone know if it’s possible for a skin graft to be taken from my buttocks and donated to someone else?

Arse skin for a friend.

#860 Tones61

Tones61

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

Why did the chicken cross the playground?

To get to the other slide,

Lol

#861 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:52 PM

What do you call a bloke born in 1976 with a number plate on his head

Reg

What does his mum call him?

R Reg

What do you call a bloke with no arms and no legs in a rough sea?

Bob

What do you call five blokes and a woman with no arms and no legs in a rough sea that like the Beach Boys?

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob and Ann (sing it !!!)

#862 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,844 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

Sorry, this is somewhat longer than the intended usual postings, but I'm sure most here will enjoy,,,,

Understanding Engineers #1:

Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

Understanding Engineers #2:

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Understanding Engineers #3:

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.
The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
The priest said, "Here comes the greens-keeper. Let's have a word with him." He said, "Hello George, What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The greens-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime!"
The group fell silent for a moment. The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if here's anything she can do for them."
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

Understanding Engineers #4:

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons.
Civil engineers build targets.

Understanding Engineers #5:

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?”

Understanding Engineers #6:

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Understanding Engineers #7:

An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay with you for one week."
The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want."
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool."

And finally:

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A woman walked by and asked what they were doing.
"We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," said Sven, "but we don't have a ladder."
The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her pocketbook, took a measurement, announced, "Twenty one feet, six inches," and walked away.
One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us. We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"
Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and are currently serving as elected members of Parliament.

#863 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

You don’t have to be an engineer to appreciate this story.

A toothpaste factory had a problem: they sometimes shipped empty boxes, without the tube inside.  This was due to the way the production line was set up, and people with experience in designing production lines will tell you how difficult it is to have everything happen with timings so precise that every single unit coming out of it is perfect 100% of the time.  Small variations in the environment (which can’t be controlled in a cost-effective fashion) mean you must have quality assurance checks smartly distributed across the line so that customers all the way down to the supermarket don’t get pissed off and buy another product instead.

Understanding how important that was, the CEO of the toothpaste factory got the top people in the company together and they decided to start a new project, in which they would hire an external engineering company to solve their empty boxes problem, as their engineering department was already too stretched to take on any extra effort.

The project followed the usual process: budget and project sponsor allocated, RFP, third-parties selected, and six months (and $8 million) later they had a fantastic solution — on time, on budget, high quality and everyone in the project had a great time.  They solved the problem by using high-tech precision scales that would sound a bell and flash lights whenever a toothpaste box would weigh less than it should.  The line would stop, and someone had to walk over and yank the defective box out of it, pressing another button when done to re-start the line.  

A while later, the CEO decides to have a look at the ROI of the project: amazing results!  No empty boxes ever shipped out of the factory after the scales were put in place.  Very few customer complaints, and they were gaining market share.  “That’s some money well spent!” – he says, before looking closely at the other statistics in the report.  

It turns out, the number of defects picked up by the scales was 0 after three weeks of production use.  It should’ve been picking up at least a dozen a day, so maybe there was something wrong with the report.  He filed a bug against it, and after some investigation, the engineers come back saying the report was actually correct.  The scales really weren't picking up any defects, because all boxes that got to that point in the conveyor belt were good.  

Puzzled, the CEO travels down to the factory, and walks up to the part of the line where the precision scales were installed. 

A few feet before the scale, there was a $20 desk fan, blowing the empty boxes off of the belt and into a bin.

“Oh, that,” says one of the workers  — “one of the guys put it there ’cause he was tired of walking over every time the bell rang”.

#864 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:34 AM

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have designed the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections." The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

#865 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:41 AM

On a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the midst of the French Revolution the revolting citizens led a priest, a drunkard and an engineer to the guillotine. They ask the priest if he wants to face up or down when he meets his fate. The priest says he would like to face up so he will be looking towards heaven when he dies. They raise the blade of the guillotine and release it. It comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. The authorities take this as divine intervention and release the priest.

The drunkard comes to the guillotine next. He also decides to die face up, hoping that he will be as fortunate as the priest. They raise the blade of the guillotine and release it. It comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. Again, the authorities take this as a sign of divine intervention, and they release the drunkard as well.

Next is the engineer. He, too, decides to die facing up. As they slowly raise the blade of the guillotine, the engineer suddenly says, "Hey, I see what your problem is ..."

#866 SecretSugar

SecretSugar

Sweet!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

A guy walks into the doctors and says he keeps hearing voices from his underpants. The doctor said “don’t listen, they’re just talking *******”

#867 DJS911

DJS911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

I’ve just been ripped off by a dishonest carpenter.
I paid him in advance to make me a double bed and now he’s done a bunk.

#868 DJS911

DJS911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

My greatest wish is that one day the world will be free of plagiarism.
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.......

#869 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

For reasons unknown, someone keeps sneaking onto my allotment at night and adding a couple of inches of topsoil.

The plot thickens.

#870 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

Broccoli .......... cauliflower.........broccoli..........cauliflower

I think I've got florets 

0 user(s) are reading this topic