Photo
- - - - -

2008 Cooper S Clubman, My New Baby. Pic Heavy.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 MattMiniS96

MattMiniS96

Half pint guy in a half pint car

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Here is my new daily driver, this is Marvin the modern to join Monty the classic...
Marvin has the upgraded speakers, nav, panoramic roof and lots of lovely leather....

URL=http://s1277.photobu...3d895.jpg.html]utf-8BSU1BRzAyNjguanBn_zps6fb3d895.jpg[/URL]

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzEuanBn_zps46aee51a.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzIuanBn_zps2d7c2103.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzMuanBn_zpsa8206dff.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzQuanBn_zpsfe03e45c.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzUuanBn_zpse0d3bd85.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzYuanBn_zps60cad177.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzAuanBn_zps760949e8.jpg

the engine fault occurred on the way home from picking it up. It was low on fuel and I filled it with super unleaded. About 10 mins after setting off the warning popped up, I've been driving along and its fine and I have it booked in for a diagnostic test.
I had my girlfriend rev it and black liquid/gunk was coming out of the exhaust... Anyone have a clue on that?

#2 MattMiniS96

MattMiniS96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

I have ordered a dash cam to pop in it as I want to try to protect it as much as possible!
I have also ordered some JCW side vents and the union Jack ones aren't my cuppa tea.
At some point I'm getting new stripes as the current ones are starting to fade and peel, also my next course of action will be to refurb the wheels. They came with a smidge of kerbing but coming home today (thin country road) I pulled in and rubbed the wheel against a rock hidden in the grass verge, eh wadda ya' gonna do!

#3 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ooo very nice, enjoy!

#4 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

I used to only really like the hatches, but I think I'm warming to the Clubman. Especially the S as the twin exhausts make the rear end nice and balanced. 

Yours is lovely!

#5 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

Welcome to the Clubby club :-) Have you joined the R55 register yet?

My little chilli pack cooper, no turbo on mine but only had 23k on the clock and loads of extras.
20140621_115045_zpsbuqqsguz.jpg

Edited by CityEPete, 13 September 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#6 Ace Alex

Ace Alex

Formally known as Pedal Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

Nice Clubby

Similar spec to my 2007 BINI Clubman S...

BMWMINICLUBBY07_zpsf8b0c612.jpg

BMWMINICLUBBY10_zps42f61d72.jpg

#7 MattMiniS96

MattMiniS96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

I was originally looking at the hatches, being 21 its a cool car to have.
But I figured I should bit a smidge more sensible as I have a dog. She fits very well into the boot :P

I have had a look but not actually registered yet, that's a nice looking Cooper. I like the red on black!

Alex are you in the Hereford area? I swear I saw that car in the football ground on Friday?

#8 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

Nice cooper S alex
Heres our 2014 cooper S with just about every upgrade on it great bit of fun

20BFF82C-C873-4622-BA88-A373B42AB814_zps
0579E66D-38A2-4B58-81ED-C8037A708B46_zps

#9 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

I was originally looking at the hatches, being 21 its a cool car to have.
But I figured I should bit a smidge more sensible as I have a dog. She fits very well into the boot :P
I have had a look but not actually registered yet, that's a nice looking Cooper. I like the red on black!
Alex are you in the Hereford area? I swear I saw that car in the football ground on Friday?

Our two little dogs were a big part of our clubman choice too, and thanks yes the red and black works well doesn't it, the privacy glass looks good with a black roof and rear pillars imo.

#10 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

Nice car.

With regards to the warning light.......... I suspect that the vanos unit is inoperative to due to low oil. These engines are sensitive to the oil being good quality and the correct level. Top up if needed. The light may go out of its own accord , however it may come back on. I would recommend that the code is still checked tho just incase its a different fault. With regards to " black gunk" , was it smoke as opposed to gunk? Ours ( although it has later N18 engine ) does this for a few seconds from cold, Its just the cold start.

A good upgrade is to change the front pipe for a derestricted item and fit JCW rear cans the sound is sooo much better.

#11 MattMiniS96

MattMiniS96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

http://i1277.photobu...zps4c6ffe9d.mp4

don't know if this will work but here is a vid of it...

Ill top. The oil up and come back but its going in tomorrow so ill update then!

Also I as much as I want to molest this car for now I'm keeping it clean :P

#12 MattMiniS96

MattMiniS96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Right got it back today, has a repaired wheel as when the garage took the tyre off they found a crack. They diagnosed it and there were faults surrounding voltage and things I quite. Frankly can't remember!!
AAnyway took it for a spirited test drive and the fault came back. Took it straight in and a new code is coming up. Its going along the lines of pressure and the code is 2884.
Also I replaced the side vents with some jcw ones. Much cleaner!

#13 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

P2284 is boost control deviation which basically means that the boost from the turbo is not what the computers in the car are expecting. There are several things that need to be checked for this code, but in most cases its  the turbo has failed. Due to extreme heat in the turbo, the waste gate system is malfunctioning and causing the turbo pressure to divert before it reaches its full boost pressure. Most cars act fine under standard driving conditions, but as soon as the car sees a load condition like climbing a steep hill or overtaking , the car will go into limp mode.

As for the exhaust deposit, its too thin for oil. Its looks like considerable amount of water. The N14 engine is a bit sooty so im thinking the water in the exhaust is coming out black. My tip on mine is exactly the same colour as is the Coupe S.

#14 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

Was this a private sale?

#15 MattMiniS96

MattMiniS96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:15 AM

Ahh thanks for the info, well the garage will have a looky but I hope its not as drastic as the turbo failing..
Yeah unfortunately it was a private sale, I know I don't have much wiggle room with it.

well its good to know other minis spit black water too, could it be the carbon build up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users