I've managed to get a bit done today - painted the left tank and half the righthand one and undercoated the foot pedals and a few other parts.
Re-painted the thermostant cover and have changed the rad. shroud to gloss as it didn't look period enough in satin.
The only downside to using gloss is that it shows up any imperfections so more prep is needed.
Now I need more paint. I've also acid dipped the remainder of the fixings and other parts for plating - I'm going to dip the parts in DeOx c before plating to remove all rust and up the current in the plating tank because at my first attempt I wasn't getting enough zinc plating.
I've also bought a fishtank heater to keep the plating solution warm because I found performance drops off completely as it gets cold.
It's all trial and error!
Edited by johnR, 01 November 2015 - 06:32 PM.