341 replies to this topic

#196 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:56 PM

been a long time since my last update. ( work commitments )

I have fortunately got some progress for you guys and it involves the colour green!!

I first spent a day prepping the floor and inner arches back & front 

J4EgeqT.jpg

IWYg0F4.jpg

OxvEjqo.jpg

DxKdL16.jpg

I then gave it a coat of red anti rust primer - reason being, when I came to flat back for the stone chip I thought it would work well against the grey as a guide to know when I had gone to far. would stop me hitting bare metal.

rRpcBux.jpg

ppCjHpc.jpg

ZMk8Ggh.jpg

after it was all flatted back I went about getting the RAPTOR out and get some masking done!

bDiYAoZ.jpg

ET72A54.jpg

52MmJAq.jpg

geuSkdR.jpg

after I mixed in the 100ml colour I pored out maybe 20ml of each bottle just so when I came to put the underseal gun on it wouldn't over flow.

Nxx6iBj.jpg

remember to get them ******* warm!! made life so much easier 

enk9xcF.jpg

after all that was done I just filled, shuck & shot 

zPc2Qij.jpg

2mPyxQD.jpg

8llnPUL.jpg

lyz3rXM.jpg

0jl5GIe.jpg

o3KxoL4.jpg

KGLHEgw.jpg

the pictures don't seem to do it justice but it does look quite good in person ! ( I think its because these pics were taken half way through ) - I will put on some completely finished pics when I have chance 

#197 Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:19 AM

Wow! Your work looks awesome.  :w00t: I hope my shell works out half as well.  Definitely considering a rotary jig, I just need to confirm how much the floor and rear of the car need.

It makes me feel more optimistic about me spraying my own car. Despite all my friends telling me I wont be able to do it.  :ohno: 

Do you mind me asking what compressor you are using?  And what PPE / Respirator you have?

#198 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:16 PM

Has your spray booth turned green ???

#199 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:54 PM

Wow! Your work looks awesome.  :w00t: I hope my shell works out half as well.  Definitely considering a rotary jig, I just need to confirm how much the floor and rear of the car need.

It makes me feel more optimistic about me spraying my own car. Despite all my friends telling me I wont be able to do it.  :ohno:

Do you mind me asking what compressor you are using?  And what PPE / Respirator you have?

appreciate it bud thanks ! I'm sure you will do great, just take your time and if your not happy with something just redo it. It tends to be at that point its easier to sort than later down the line, I know this from experience haha!

I'm going to paint mine, I think it is worth the punt if you work out the difference in cost between a professional job and DIY

I have a

Clarke XEV16/150 (OL) 14cfm 150Litre 3HP Industrial Air Compressor (230V

really good bit of kit! highly recommend 

PPE Is just some plastic gloves haha & the mask is just something off eBay nothing special - it is a full face though which I recommend to as I have had just a mouth and nose mask and forgot to wear some glasses of some kind and got spray back in my eyes ! not fun in any way !!

keep going with your build your doing a grand job so far!

#200 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:56 PM

Has your spray booth turned green ???

seems that way haha! the raptor created a lot of dust !

#201 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:44 PM

looking for some advice, im wanting to put some top coat and clear lacquer over the Raptor stone chip. does anyone know if this can be done ? I don't want it reacting or some ****.

thanks in advance guys 

#202 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

Raptor can be over painted fine but would advise keyring well with red scotch brite.
Excellent work by the way always checking in even though I don't comment regularly.

#203 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

Raptor can be over painted fine but would advise keyring well with red scotch brite.
Excellent work by the way always checking in even though I don't comment regularly.

appreciate the reply dude! will scotch it well! haha

thanks mate I'm happy with the progress so far, just have to keep the momentum going... O_O

will painting over it this weekend hopefully. then the mini can finally come off the jig! 

#204 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:47 PM

thanks mate I'm happy with the progress so far, just have to keep the momentum going... O_O
will painting over it this weekend hopefully. then the mini can finally come off the jig!
it's hard to keep momentum in this cold weather. I'm struggling to get motivated my self at the moment. Sometimes I can go in the garage all weekend and get overwhelmed by it all and get nothing done. Be nice to see yours finished after all the hard work your putting in.

Edited by cookie4343, 12 December 2019 - 07:37 AM.

#205 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:31 AM

it's hard to keep momentum in this gold weather. I'm struggling to get motivated my self at the moment. Sometimes I can go in the garage all weekend and get overwhelmed by it all and get nothing done. Be nice to see yours finished after all the hard work your putting in.

aye the weather is a killer for sure! I find myself going in to the tent putting all heaters on then going back in the house for a half hour haha! 

yeah I can relate mate, it can be hard focusing on the task at hand without thinking ******* me this is only one step of 1003!

I can't wait to be honest, just don't want to rush it haha

#206 1330RG

1330RG

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Excellent progress as always dude! Really has come along well.

#207 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

Excellent progress as always dude! Really has come along well.

thanks bud! still can't believe I thought this car wouldn't need to much doing haha!..oh how that changed so quickly 

#208 Harryrothers93

Harryrothers93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

managed to get some paint and lacquer on this week, the difference is night and day i reckon...?

OLD

8llnPUL.jpg

NEW

UKlBGgr.jpg

#209 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

Coming along nicely!! 

#210 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:20 AM

I’m doing a rebuild in a similar tent to yours and what you’re achieving is an absolute credit to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users