#46 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:21 AM

Looking good and yeah pattern scuttles are junk

Thanks..yes it set me back a couple of weeks trying to make them work even if i did get a reasonable fit it would still bother me each time i looked at the front..how is yours coming along..do you have a build on here.?

It’s slow but bits are happening just about lol I don’t have a build thread although I have been thinking about doing one

#47 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

After the the saga with poor pattern front panels I'm pleased to say the front is now as one..just a few bits to finish off but the majority is all done..the doors on the van are in excellent condition but decided to strip the skins and replace as i needed to do a couple of repairs inside the upper channels..once these are done and checked for fit etc the body is mostly complete..there are a number of snags to sort and welds to finish but overall jobs a good un..next i will probably put the van on a spit and start prepping the underneath for paint ..ive decided to go with Raptor tinted to the colour I'm going with, not sure yet if i will fit subframes after to get it rolling  as I'm not keen on getting it covered in prep dust on the body..

41462098600_9a3aa92cc2_b.jpgUntitled by

43271954991_dd6e193f6e_b.jpgUntitled by

43271954831_d18807d58c_b.jpgUntitled by

Edited by REVVIT, 08 July 2018 - 08:51 AM.

#48 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

So after looking at the doors and the upper channels needing a few repairs i decided to get the inner of the doors blasted..this revealed more corrosion so i decided to remove the channels from both and replace with new..glad i did as hiding behind was a lot of corrosion..fidley job but much happier now its all repaired and ready for the door skins..big step coming this week as my friend who is doing the body is coming over to asses whats needed..

42627669275_974dd6c4c7_b.jpgUntitled by

42815178394_bcdd5aa027_b.jpgUntitled by

29660691908_d4b165cb19_b.jpgUntitled by

42815176854_bb40f726c8_b.jpgUntitled by

#49 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

Looking really good mate. Quality work

#50 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Thanks..i enjoyed doing the repairs ..1st one took about 4hrs the 2nd i managed in half the time as i new what to expect..the drain holes on the top rail are not as original but will serve there purpose...although I'm not planning getting it to wet apart from when washing..my front subframe is away at 'phils' having the same finish as yours..the rear i need to buy as the original was beyond repair..planning ahead at mo on wheel choice ..rose petals are my preference but also keen to try something rarer.?

#51 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:35 AM

Awesome work man this is really coming along, she will be in paint soon..

#52 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

Awesome work man this is really coming along, she will be in paint soon..

Thanks..I'm looking forward to seeing it as one colour..I'm still yet unsure what to go for as i like a few period colours..still plenty of time to decide as it will be a while before its ready for final paint..

#53 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

Thanks..i enjoyed doing the repairs ..1st one took about 4hrs the 2nd i managed in half the time as i new what to expect..the drain holes on the top rail are not as original but will serve there purpose...although I'm not planning getting it to wet apart from when washing..my front subframe is away at 'phils' having the same finish as yours..the rear i need to buy as the original was beyond repair..planning ahead at mo on wheel choice ..rose petals are my preference but also keen to try something rarer.?

Mines going back to Phil this week for a tiny repair :(
I think rose petals would oook mega especially with a period colour....

#54 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Mines going back to Phil this week for a tiny repair :(
I think rose petals would oook mega especially with a period colour....

Oh no...a repair to the subframe i.e. paint..i was going for a dark grey initially but he had nothing dark enough..so went safe for the satin black which looks lovely..he's done a lot in the past for me and its all been excellent....i went to see a friend today who has just cleared a garage out of mini bits..one of the pictures he showed me was 3ft deep in magnesium minilites and rose petals all genuine but lots of money !!

#55 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

Yeah a tiny chip of the powder but he can fix it.
Wow sounds like he has a few quids worth!

#56 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

Saw your frame earlier mate. Looks a real mint one! Can’t have been on a car for long?

#57 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Saw your frame earlier mate. Looks a real mint one! Can’t have been on a car for long?

Thanks..yes it is in unusually great condition no signs of any dodgy jacking or general miss use..i did give it a clean whilst fitting the front panels etc so yes chuffed should turn out nice...Fancied trying something different with the front grille a mix between a 'S' grille and a van twist..So ended up with this ..still work to do but the main shape is there...it started as a pressing from a popular english sports car...lots of cutting and chopping later its looking promising..

41810973600_08c940b8a7_b.jpgUntitled by

Edited by REVVIT, 24 July 2018 - 09:23 PM.

#58 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:57 PM

Wow nice to see something different, will it end up body colour like vans?

#59 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

Wow nice to see something different, will it end up body colour like vans?

Not sure yet..its made of aluminium so the cross braces will polish up nicely and look like a MK1 Austin Cooper S grille which was my proffered grille choice ..I love the Morris version but as this is a Austin van im keeping the theme...

#60 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:40 AM

I quite like the idea of that grille like the above comment its something different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users