#46 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

.. but thats why there called exras.. you dont have to have them.. if you dont then you can do it for 10k.. wer doing ALL the work are self.. I think Chris would know dont you!!

#47 Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:08 PM

well it would be harder 2 get insured on a 2.0L than a 1.6

#48 Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

Luke are you still doin the v-tec?

#49 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

doing the R1 now.. will be doin a v-tec but few years yet

#50 Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:27 PM

have you loked at any insurance quotes?

#51 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

wont be mine its gona be my dads im just building it thats all.. then when im like 20 il buy it off him

#52 Ro8bieg

Ro8bieg

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

ohh ryt kwl sounds good! Wish my dad was into minis lol

#53 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

lol his always been into them.. had loads in his life lol done loads up too :proud: now his taken on the big guns lol

#54 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

.. but thats why there called exras.. you dont have to have them.. if you dont then you can do it for 10k.. wer doing ALL the work are self.. I think Chris would know dont you!!

:proud: Read my post again! If you look on that list of 'extras' I believe there is a £50 throttle cable! Now I'd like to see you opt out of that extra! And it will take you a while to find a standard one that fits, since the length is specific to Z Cars.

#55 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

:proud: Read my post again! If you look on that list of 'extras' I believe there is a £50 throttle cable! Now I'd like to see you opt out of that extra! And it will take you a while to find a standard one that fits, since the length is specific to Z Cars.

£26 from a kit car parts supplier and just cut it to length :P

But I have to agree with Jammy. I'm currently building my third one and none have cost less than £13k. That's without any labour costs or bodyshop costs. This is only for parts. Good luck if your trying to build it for 10k but I think that when you add it all up at the end you'll be surprised.

#56 JetBLICK

JetBLICK

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: myspace.com/worcesterretro

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Paint it after the shell is cut out.

:kiss:

I'm only 20, still young, and i still do stupid things. So it would be hypocritical of me to say that you're being very naive. I dont want to steriotype all 17 yr olds either, some can be very careful sensible drivers.

But, go to see Chris at Z-car before you buy, let him take you out... he may even let you drive, they have a test track i think? Then think carefully, could you live with it? could you seriously handle that immense power? Could could you afford to run it - think of the fuel costs, MOT's, insurance, tax, you really have no clue how much all that costs, especially fuel, till you start driving you're own car.

Also i suggest you let someone take you out in a quick a-series mini, you will realize that you really dont need all that power to have a laff.

Edited by JetBLICK, 01 August 2007 - 04:31 PM.

#57 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

:kiss: Read my post again! If you look on that list of 'extras' I believe there is a £50 throttle cable! Now I'd like to see you opt out of that extra! And it will take you a while to find a standard one that fits, since the length is specific to Z Cars.

a cable for £50. Definatly cant get cables from anywhere else but Zcars... :P

Good video on youtube where they dont bother with a throttle cable, guy in the passenger seat has a string attatched to a hayabusa engine in the back. lmao.

#58 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

What sort of speedo will you use?
Are you going for a lsd?
Are you not bothering with reverse?
Are you making your own wiring loom?
Are you keeping standard subframe and brakes?
Standard seats and seat belts?
Standard windows?
No bulkhead?
No fan?
7 x 13 alloys?
No wheel arches?
Are you using your own hoses and brake lines?
Own fuel pump and regulater?

Thats about 4k new but I am sure I have missed something.

#59 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

fuel tank, radiator & pipeing & hoses, then the common disposeables like grinding disc's etc etc

#60 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

At last my cavalry have arrived!!!

Most of my car (still an a-series) is made of non standard or uprated parts to give better performance and handling which it does very well.... but if anything goes wrong or needs replacing, i have to put my hand very deep in my pocket. Some parts are bespoke to the car and i have made lots of my own modifications taking many hours and again, any problems with these and its back to the drawing board. This time last year, my car was nearly ready for the mot, now i'm looking toget it off the road again for another complete rebuild as i'm just not happy with some of the bits of it. I worked for Rover an BMW for 7 years and have owned 19 mini's now. Whilst they are fairly easy to maintain, and parts are fairly cheap, the Zcars conversions should be viewed as a Race Car and serviced and maintained as such.

A wise man once said, "Performance, Reliability, Affordability... you can only choose 2."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users