roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

Yo roof,

Been speaking to Supermotolee, he mentioned vidration at 6000 res, Do you get the same thing?

by the way - what brake and suspension set up do you use?

cant say that it vibrates too much at 6K - 10K maybe but I have solid mounts throughout so you'd expect it.

brakes - metro turbo with servo at front, and minifins at rear - green stuff pas throughout.

do the promotive kits come with subframe mounts ( solid / poly )?? im building an r1 fwd and hoping to purchase a promotive kit in the next month or 2. im getting all the bits together and was wandering if i need to get frame mounts as im goin to order polys for the rest of the car soon

thanks

dave

the kit doesnt contain mounts but I got mine from min-its in solihull. go solid definately ! :)

#32 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

I have bneen using mine now solidly as a daily driver for 3 weeks, with mileage from holland I have put on maybe 1600 miles and all is well, I've done several long distance runs and the opnly real niggle at the moment is that I have the wrong pressure rated cap on the radiator as I keep loosing water out the overflow, and we think I might need an opverflow / expansion tank.

I am also having minor issues with a pesky circlip, but a remedy has been found and its just waiting for a good day to effect the repair.

other than that it has been well behaved as a daily driver and actually gets quieter the closer to 12,000 rpm you get.

still loadsa fun :)

#33 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

Dam me im getting excited just the thought of driving mine it getting sooo close now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users