32 replies to this topic

#16 cosi

cosi

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

i think about this all day long as well and i run a motorbike business, how funny is that.
my mini is on stands in my shop with a major engine issue and I think that maybe now is the right time to strip and build.....

i would abso'bananas'lutely love to see some pics of the pro motive kit, i know there are some on the pro motive site but i want some different shots.....

do you work with yamahas? and if so where are you based?

I am located in sydney... www.houseofspeed.com.au :thumbsup:

#17 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

i think about this all day long as well and i run a motorbike business, how funny is that.
my mini is on stands in my shop with a major engine issue and I think that maybe now is the right time to strip and build.....

i would abso'bananas'lutely love to see some pics of the pro motive kit, i know there are some on the pro motive site but i want some different shots.....

do you work with yamahas? and if so where are you based?

I am located in sydney... www.houseofspeed.com.au :D

:thumbsup: i was gonna pop in and see you

#18 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

LOL bit far away! :thumbsup:

roofless - another question for you. Is there some sort of chain guard with the kit? Do you get chain oil everywhere?

Every moment i get not thinking about something im thinking about this, like last night i was wondering if an R1 engine can be serviced and worked on off the bike/car? cosi, maybe you can answer that, as you're in a bike shop?

Edited by dribble, 18 April 2008 - 12:29 PM.

#19 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

LOL bit far away! :D

roofless - another question for you. Is there some sort of chain guard with the kit? Do you get chain oil everywhere?

Every moment i get not thinking about something im thinking about this, like last night i was wondering if an R1 engine can be serviced and worked on off the bike/car? cosi, maybe you can answer that, as you're in a bike shop?

no chain guard per say with the kit, but you could make your own - using a 'dry' lube means you dont get oil everywhere. :thumbsup:

#20 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

Roofless have you spoken to either Arch Motorcycles or Frettons bout your engine?

#21 cosi

cosi

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

LOL bit far away! :teehee:

sorry dribble, i am not sure what you mean :D can you elaborate a bit.

#22 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

its ok cosi, i found out what i need.

Im still in two mind. do i, or not?!?!?!

:lol:

#23 cosi

cosi

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

has anyone timed a 0-60mph or 1/4 mile times ???
I am curious to know what an R1 engine is actuall capable of in a mini.

any answers would be great, I am thinking 4.5 secs, but I cant remember where I saw that. I think it was the red mini with the zcars r1 in it....

#24 photographymatt

photographymatt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Local Club: shropshire BMC

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

I am in no way experienced in this but can offer abit of advice...:lol:) Some of the super-bike powered smart car boys have fitted electric motors for reverse. It can be that hard to do if you can put the bike engine in.A low-use but powerful motor for reversing would make it an amazing daily.

#25 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

I am in no way experienced in this but can offer abit of advice...:thumbsup:) Some of the super-bike powered smart car boys have fitted electric motors for reverse. It can be that hard to do if you can put the bike engine in.A low-use but powerful motor for reversing would make it an amazing daily.

thanks for that Matt, I believe the starter motor reverse rig is an option on the Z's, and pro-motive are currently working on a reverse mechanism that would be a good addition.

To be honest the whole reversing issue really hasn't been a problem, it usually raises a laugh or two but in day to day use it just hasn't become a problem for me yet. :thumbsup:

0-60 times I cant give you yet, but we're working on it and 1/4 mile times - I did a 16 out at IMM and only narrowly pipped a z-car, but to be honest I think we were both being pretty gentle, neither of us had spare tyres to allow for a decent burn-out, and neither of us wanted to break anything, I think we were both on what you would class as road gearing as I've seen much faster Z cars, and my new sprint gearing has made the cabby feel much faster :teehee:

#26 photographymatt

photographymatt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Local Club: shropshire BMC

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:12 AM

The smart car drivers found a way around the lack of reverse gear.......put your foot down and turn...hehe

#27 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

The smart car drivers found a way around the lack of reverse gear.......put your foot down and turn...hehe

now I'm just gonna have to give that try :thumbsup:

#28 dave_b80

dave_b80

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:43 AM

Yo roof,

Been speaking to Supermotolee, he mentioned vidration at 6000 res, Do you get the same thing?

by the way - what brake and suspension set up do you use?

cant say that it vibrates too much at 6K - 10K maybe but I have solid mounts throughout so you'd expect it.

brakes - metro turbo with servo at front, and minifins at rear - green stuff pas throughout.

do the promotive kits come with subframe mounts ( solid / poly )?? im building an r1 fwd and hoping to purchase a promotive kit in the next month or 2. im getting all the bits together and was wandering if i need to get frame mounts as im goin to order polys for the rest of the car soon

thanks

dave

#29 progeny

progeny

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

Yo roof,

Been speaking to Supermotolee, he mentioned vidration at 6000 res, Do you get the same thing?

by the way - what brake and suspension set up do you use?

cant say that it vibrates too much at 6K - 10K maybe but I have solid mounts throughout so you'd expect it.

brakes - metro turbo with servo at front, and minifins at rear - green stuff pas throughout.

do the promotive kits come with subframe mounts ( solid / poly )?? im building an r1 fwd and hoping to purchase a promotive kit in the next month or 2. im getting all the bits together and was wandering if i need to get frame mounts as im goin to order polys for the rest of the car soon

thanks

dave

Cool!

No the kit doesn't come with any subframe bushes.

Good luck with the conversion Dave!

Aufedersein

Edited by progeny, 11 June 2008 - 08:13 AM.

#30 dave_b80

dave_b80

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

thanks for that! will start a project diary this wkend hopefully as i should have progress pics to put up once ive had it back from having inside painted and roll cage fitted ect..

dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users