Community Status Updates

Photo

M J W J

Avoid the eBay member millenniumcarparts. Not sure if they are on here or not but either way I would avoid them. 2 weeks of nothing but messages avoided and excuses made. Never got my item or tracking details despite asking numerous times.
Nov 13 2017 08:19 PM
  • WillCarter's Photo
    WillCarter
    Did you manage to get your money back?
    Nov 13 2017 08:50 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Yes fortunately. I got a message from the seller this evening to say that the royal mail have said it will be delivered tomorrow so expects me to either return it or resend the payment. HA! I expected my parcel 2 weeks ago. I'm not expecting it to turn up.
    Nov 13 2017 11:33 PM
  • WillCarter's Photo
    WillCarter
    Well that’s something good that came of it anyway! I use ebay for the majority of my mini stuff nowadays
    Nov 14 2017 07:39 AM
Photo

M J W J

What are people doing to celebrate bonfire night this weekend? I spent this evening flying an Rc plane covered in LED's in the dark. It's sort of become a tradition in my club.
Nov 04 2017 10:22 PM
  • 1984mini25's Photo
    1984mini25
    Took the mini over to Santa pod for the fireworks frenzy event,
    Nov 04 2017 10:46 PM
  • Steve220's Photo
    Steve220
    I don't celebrate it.
    Nov 05 2017 12:22 PM
  • minifreek1's Photo
    minifreek1
    Went to an organised bonfire/firework thing with the wife and kids. We went last year and I swear it was loads better... Was a tad dissapointed, especially after paying to get in, the fireworks was supposed to be lasting around 30minutes, they didnt even make 10 minutes...
    Nov 06 2017 12:31 PM
Photo

M J W J

My sister hates spiders. I've emailed her a picture of one that was on my landing and put the subject as "my neighbours cat is so cute". Now I wait for the angry response. MWHAHAHA
Oct 08 2017 06:39 PM
  • A-Series Spares's Photo
    A-Series Spares
    HA :) (actual response) :)
    Oct 11 2017 08:26 AM
  • Anthony30's Photo
    Anthony30
    :)

Oct 12 2017 08:34 PM
Photo

M J W J

I got ID'd earlier when buying becks blue. Err...
Sep 23 2017 10:13 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Wasn't for me. Was for a guest who can't drink.
    Sep 24 2017 08:50 AM
  • FlyingScot's Photo
    FlyingScot
    Lucky you, I haven't ever been I Ded - must have always looked like an old fart ��
    Sep 24 2017 11:50 PM
  • Ben_O's Photo
    Ben_O
    You have to be 18 in because it's not entirely alcohol free is it
    Sep 25 2017 08:58 PM
Photo

M J W J

I really wish recruitment agencies would learn what mechanical engineers do and the difference between a technician and an engineer. I don't work in maintenance and I don't work with cars.
Sep 18 2017 05:52 PM
  • rally1380's Photo
    rally1380
    Then again.....a computer can do the 'maths' to figure something out, but it takes a human imagination, creativity and style to design something.... so I wouldn't be to hard on designers.

Sep 22 2017 05:11 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Nicklouse. I work as a design engineer. I think that's why I often get called a designer however I've worked places with product designers and we all get tarnished with the same brush despite having different skills. When you end up having to repeatedly redo a designers work because it either won't work, has caused issues with other parts in a system or simply cannot be built it gets kind of annoying.
    Sep 23 2017 10:07 AM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Rally1380. Computers don't do maths. They simply crunch numbers. You need an engineer to set up a computer to do this. As they say rubbish in rubbish out. For an engineer it takes creativity and ingenuity to solve a problem. Don't get me wrong. I see the need for product designers but as I said above, I gets annoying when you constantly have to redo their work. Doesn't matter what it is, if you can't build it there is no point in designing.
    Sep 23 2017 10:14 AM
Photo

M J W J

If you insist of adding an extortionate service charge to the bill when you made us wait ages, brought us the wrong food, didn't cook it properly and my pint tasted of washing up liquid, don't be surprised that I left the money in an upside down pint of water on the table. Have fun cleaning up.
Aug 20 2017 05:20 PM
Photo

M J W J

To the 17 plate clio that gave me the mighty car mods chopped finger gesture after almost forcing me into oncoming traffic. It wasn't funny or clever. Not impressed.
Aug 09 2017 09:01 PM
Photo

M J W J

Just as I walked past dominos and papa john's pizza on my road all of their delivery drivers drove off. I happened to notice the time was 4:20. Hmm... Suspicious.
Jul 22 2017 03:26 PM
Photo

M J W J

After 5 years and almost 400 transactions as a valued customer to ebay, what do I get for it? Wrongly accused of trading outside of ebay, resulting in my account being restricted for 7 days. This has lost me two sales and prevented me from buying an item. If I can't send someone my contact details how can people check courier costs, if they can collect at a time that suits me or arrange to view an item.
Jul 10 2017 09:24 PM
  • lsdweb's Photo
    lsdweb
    I got a warning because somebody sent me their phone number!

Jul 11 2017 01:46 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    I spoke to ebay again today and they said its my second offence. Funny they won't tell me what the first is. It probably won't achieve anything but I'm phoning them every day now until either the time is up or they remove the restrictions.
    Jul 11 2017 06:53 PM
  • Retroman's Photo
    Retroman
    Ebay are paranoid, won't allow email adresses to be exchanged, but allow all the details on adverts...?? Pay pal did one on me, they stopped a transaction as apparently there was something terrorist related !! and it had been picked up by security services in the US...they told me this when I rang to find to where my 250 quid was...I was told it would be several days before the money was available, its like the mafia...the guy would not even give me his name..so I went absolutely...
    Jul 11 2017 08:43 PM
Photo

M J W J

I think I probably speak for a lot of people on here when I say. Photobucket, you c***s! There is no way in hell I am paying you $399 dollars to host my images when you gave me no notice what so ever. No starts the long process of downloading 24 pages worth of images before closing my account.
Jul 02 2017 10:54 AM
  • Steve220's Photo
    Steve220
    I've only downloaded the albums i have on forums. The rest I've gone ahead an deleted.
    Jul 02 2017 02:20 PM
  • jakejakejake1's Photo
    jakejakejake1
    Imgur is what I use, you have the option of making your pictures public or not. Either can be viewed by third party (i.e. the forum), but the non-public ones need a direct link and can't be found by browsing imgur.
    Jul 03 2017 09:47 AM
  • xrocketengineer's Photo
    xrocketengineer
    Well, I got my email yesterday saying:
    "Some features in your account will be disabled"

Jul 07 2017 01:52 PM
Photo

M J W J

I have someone on ebay who keeps asking me to provide a warranty on an alternator I am selling with 111k miles on it. What part of 'no, but it worked for the entire 15 months I used the car it came from" do they not understand.
May 17 2017 09:28 PM
  • cooperdan's Photo
    cooperdan
    what an absolute retard
    May 19 2017 01:52 PM
  • Anthony30's Photo
    Anthony30
    Tell them to buy a recon unit from euro if it's that much of a concern. :/
    May 19 2017 06:44 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Anthony30. I've done that.
    May 19 2017 08:33 PM
Photo

M J W J

Parking ticket overturned by POPLA! In your face civil enforcement. Serves you right when I wasn't parked on your property.
May 12 2017 10:59 PM
  • 59 Speed's Photo
    59 Speed
    Good work!
    May 13 2017 07:23 AM
  • minifreek1's Photo
    minifreek1
    Excellent news :)
    May 13 2017 09:21 AM
  • sledgehammer's Photo
    sledgehammer
    nice one
    May 13 2017 03:31 PM
Photo

M J W J

Go on. You know you want it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252921345951
May 11 2017 12:20 PM
  • mr cooke's Photo
    mr cooke
    someone has spent money on that
    May 11 2017 07:11 PM
  • sledgehammer's Photo
    sledgehammer
    eye bleach needed
    May 12 2017 07:52 PM
Photo

M J W J

Myhermes charge £2.79 to send a small parcel under 2kg or £5.99 to send a parcel over 2kg. While not always possible it's cheaper for me to send something as two parcels rather than one. Someone at myhermes needs to go back and check their pricing strategy.
May 07 2017 12:56 PM
Photo

M J W J

My Parking appeal was rejected. what the hell! Someone clearly didn't read the letter I sent them as they are claiming the appeal failed as no payment was made. Yeah there is a reason for that. No payment was made as I didn't need to. I wasn't parked on their property. I have escalated the appeal.
Apr 21 2017 11:04 AM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    There is a reason why my mate gets round the issue and is probably why I haven't been fined before. For his sake I'm not going to say what it is though. He's not happy with them himself and doesn't like that his car gets videoed going in and out. He was given no prior warning to the cameras going up.
    Apr 23 2017 09:43 PM
  • Simont's Photo
    Simont
    the last thing you want to do is pay, literally the worst thing you can do, create a popla appeal and get it quashed,
    http://popla.co.uk/
    Apr 24 2017 12:59 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    As I said before. I have no intentions of paying as I was not parked on their car park. I have appealed through poplar. Just waiting their response.
    Apr 25 2017 06:29 AM