#76 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Man, that's a shocking job - don't let them get away with that. If you get no joy from the repairers, keep hassling the insurers.

Nice to see another PL; mine's still tucked away in the garage waiting for me to have some free time to restore her - looks like she'll sleep another winter as I've got so much work to do on the house :D

Yes it really is, just been speaking to my Dad and he has just got off the phone to the inspector, and he says that when we go over tomorrow, we have to write down everything that is wrong with it, and then get back to him, and he will come to an agreement. So still a little annoyed as it might not get all done.

Yer nice to see that there is another out there, have you got any pictures of her? Got any plans for her?

Thanks

#77 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

So cleaned up my bucket seats today, they went from:

Posted Image

Posted Image

To this:

Posted Image

I think they cleaned up well.

And just a quick picture of my "show plates" lol:

Posted Image

#78 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

You should just keep them in your room for when mates come round lol. They look class lol!

#79 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:57 PM

You should just keep them in your room for when mates come round lol. They look class lol!

Yer they do, can't believe how good they came up. Thought my Mum was going to go mental when she got home from work, because I started cleaning them in the front room and got fabric cleaner all over the leather sofa :D , but when she came in all she said was "They look good, how much were they" lol. So know I just keep them in my room by my radiator, will see what my girlfriend thinks of them :D lol.

Cheers

#80 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

The seats turned out well, hope everything goes well tomorrow.

#81 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

The seats turned out well, hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Yer they did, thanks, will report back on how it went.

Cheers

#82 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

Well an update of how today went as promised. Well to be honest, my Dad flipped at them lol. Dad hadn't seen it yet, so it was all new to him when we got to the garage. We got there and I was showing Dad around the car, and I was having a better look at it as I couldn't have a proper look around it when it was on the flat bed. And the guy that was with us kept pestering us, basically telling us to "hurry up". So we told him what was wrong, and he wrote it all down. And we asked him why the rear seam strip wasn't new, when we were told it was going to be. And he said because they cut away the corroded stuff, treated it, then fibre glassed it all. So wsn't happy about that really as I was told it was going to be repaired with a repair panel. And I could see Dad getting more angry as we were there, and when my Dad asked him to tell him what he wrote down, one of the things the guy said was "rear seam strip not new, even though no need to be". Well that set my Dad off, I see him rarely get angry lol. And another thing, some of the paint had cracked where the scuttle meets the wing, at that joint, and it was craked, and it has been like that for a while, and me and my Mum checked it when it was sent back, and now it looks as though someone has picked at it because the paint is chipped off, and the guy had the cheek to say "it was like that when it got here", so not in the best moods at the moment, so will just see what they come back with next week.

#83 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

Seems like a *banana picking* joke to be honest, they could've done a good job the first time around and non of this would be happening. Why do a half arsed job and expect no-one to notice, especially with people who are passionate about their cars..

On a lighter note the seats are looking great! :D

Hurry up and get this ordeal sorted with so we us lot can crew around again :thumbsup:.

Edited by theIMAGE, 22 November 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#84 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

Seems like a *banana picking* joke to be honest, they could've done a good job the first time around and non of this would be happening. Why do a half arsed job and expect no-one to notice, especially with people who are passionate about their cars..

On a lighter note the seats are looking great! :D

Hurry up and get this ordeal sorted with so we us lot can crew around again :thumbsup:.

Yer cheers, I just hope its going to come back looking better, the seats did turn out great, not bad for £30, I really do want to get out and about again, the Fiat is p*ssing me off.

#85 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

Anyway to talk to the insurance company and tell them what is going on? Maybe, get them to send it to another shop and just not pay the first?

#86 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

Anyway to talk to the insurance company and tell them what is going on? Maybe, get them to send it to another shop and just not pay the first?

I can't be bothered to do that, its to much hassle, and they will more than likely not do it anyway as its their own repairer. I will just see what they come back with first, and if they do a rubbish job again, then there will be trouble lol.

#87 Sleeping Park Lane

Sleeping Park Lane

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

Yer nice to see that there is another out there, have you got any pictures of her? Got any plans for her?

Thanks

LOL at your Dad going ape at them - good on him. It's a shame when you have to lose your rag to get someone to do what they should have done in the first place :dontgetit: Hope it's all sorted soon.

Sorry, no pics of my PL at the mo. When I moved in with my other half the PL got loaded onto a trailer from my old garage and brought round to the new house & pushed straight into the new garage as it was raining - now she's walled in behind stacks of wheels, the odd MG Metro 1275, etc.

Part of me wants to do her up as she left the factory - pure Park Lane, since I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road (I'm near Reading) - and part of me wants to go down the 1380, 13" wheels, rollcage & bucket seats route - really not sure.

Trouble with doing her up factory-style is finding the trim/seats etc. as they're not in good nick. Would need new graphics outside too, but I think I can get them from some of the suppliers on here.

Steve

#88 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

Thanks

LOL at your Dad going ape at them - good on him. It's a shame when you have to lose your rag to get someone to do what they should have done in the first place >_< Hope it's all sorted soon.

Sorry, no pics of my PL at the mo. When I moved in with my other half the PL got loaded onto a trailer from my old garage and brought round to the new house & pushed straight into the new garage as it was raining - now she's walled in behind stacks of wheels, the odd MG Metro 1275, etc.

Part of me wants to do her up as she left the factory - pure Park Lane, since I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road (I'm near Reading) - and part of me wants to go down the 1380, 13" wheels, rollcage & bucket seats route - really not sure.

Trouble with doing her up factory-style is finding the trim/seats etc. as they're not in good nick. Would need new graphics outside too, but I think I can get them from some of the suppliers on here.

Steve

Hes not the guy that gets mad, but when he does it scares me lol >_< , I think you should go 1380 route, because it would be hard to find good nick original Park Lane bits, and plus I would think when you come to sell it, that more people would prefer a 1380, 13" wheels, etc, rather than a stock one, but its up to you in then end, but what ever you do, let me know please >_< .

#89 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

So my mate took my gearbox into his college yesterday, to get his tutor to look at it, as we wern't sure weather it was in full working order. And it came back good, there is nothing wrong with it. So I think he stripped it down, and I going to put new bearing, etc back in it. So does anyone know how hard it is to rebuild one? I want to do it on my own to save money?

Cheers

#90 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

Found a few things that might help me with my engine build along the way:

How to rebuild an engine: LINK
Ultimate engine builder DVD