#16 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

Sorry no updates as I dont have the car at the moment, picking it up again next weekend (15th Nov) so should have something more in a week or two. =]

#17 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

I saw you car at ZCars a while ago (pre-arches).

It looks brilliant now, the arches look great.

Looking forward to seeing it finished!

#18 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

Taking the homage north this weekend to Gallows Farm, only a 600 mile round trip.

CharlieBrown, thanks for the compliments, I have to say that the pictures (although great) dont do it justice, once the car is out in the sunlight with those big ass arches it does look pretty mean.

Going to hit it hard in the next couple of weeks so should have updates fairly soon. Hope to be picking up a few more bits n peices on saturday that may well be worth taking a few snaps of.

#19 tid_171

tid_171

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

i seen a zcars supercharged vtec raing round croft... spoke to him and found out he had the wrong pistons in, but it still managed to be blisterngly fast. looking good so far!

#20 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:28 PM

I beleive the car you saw is Jem Snowdens I havent actually met the bloke but I know he is running a Rotrex S/C in his and making more boost than I will be, his charger is a centrifucgal type, like a turbo but belt driven, mine is a Roots type with Helical rotors. The centrifugal chargers boost rises exponentially and gives max boost at top rpm (ideal for racing when your at top rpms most of the time) where as mine should give lots of low down grunt + good mid, the vtec changeover has been altered to reflect throttle position so can be vtec at 3000rpm with wide open throttle (what) or running at 6000rpm no vtec on 1/3 throttle. I have quite a flat torque curve to look forward to only starting to fade around the 7500rpm mark, making it ideal for road use, which mine will see way more of than track.

#21 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

Picked the car up on Saturday and here are a couple of snaps of how it is looking now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

More images to come in the near future.

#22 custodia

custodia

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

That's just gorgeous. Not jealous at all :D , can't wait to see it finished

#23 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

wow thats looking really tidy very very nice example indeed i think i should throw some more pics up later tonight!!Its really hard not to want anything but the best when building such a one one as these z cars nothing beasts them in my eyes. I love the way they are all so individual and unique to each person who owns one!

#24 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Thanks guys.

I cant agree more in your statement about making these things unique, many hours spent pondering about what colour, what interior and now pondering how the f*ck I am going to do all the wiring, gear cables, cooling hose, brake system....aaargh the list is endless.

But then thats why we bought them because we love a challenge, even though in my case I will openly admit to getting Zcars to have done all the donkey work so far, I just came up with ideas. Wait til you see some ofthe other ideas I am going to put into practice.

Philly C get your camera out and get uploading, there few things I like more than looking through peoples build diaries, they are an inspiration to us all.

#25 sreeve8

sreeve8

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local Club: n/a looking

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

that looks amazing, great work, it will be a shame to use it, as then it will get dirty.
cant wait to see it finished

#26 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

A shame? :P It'll be a beast... Can't wait to see how it progresses.

#27 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

A few more pictures from stuff done on the weekend, sorry I didnt get more, I was rushed to get these before I had to leave.

Radiator is fitted, tapped out the holes in the radiator to use 6mm bolts. This going to get a shroud to aid cooling.....will be a few weeks for that though.

Posted Image

Here are the Fuel Pump, High Pres Fuel Filter and Fuelcat (inline fuel catalyst, ups the octane of the fuel, **before rushing out and getting one wait til I have this setup to see if it makes much difference**, I am working on a hunch with it but as it wont do any harm it is in the mix for good). They are all getting mounted in the tunnel and the solid pipes for the coolant are going to be lagged to try and help fight against the radiant heat affecting the fuel line and ancillaries. Notice the 'M' shaped mounting brackets, these still allow mounting of the solid coolant pipes in the tunnel. I will have more photos of them mounted shortly.

PUMP

Posted Image

HIGH PRESSURE FILTER

Posted Image

FUELCAT

Posted Image

Gear Lever is in but not connected. Note the original sound proofing decided to snap of while I was drilling holes to mount the fuel line ancillaries....bugger....good job its getting carpet.

Posted Image

More photos as and when. :)

As for getting it dirty I wont mind too much as it is for driving after all, it will get showed but it is primarily for being driven..........fast.

Lots of work to do on watertighting it sometime in the future, that way I wont mind taking it out in the wet. Could be 'interesting' in the wet though.

#28 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:25 AM

This is looking great... I am drooling as I read :dontgetit:

#29 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

looking spot on mate, loving the progress pics

#30 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

Thanks will try and keep as up to date as poss with pictures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users