#391 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

What a great project, very admirable, fair play to you,you have built an amazing bit of kit!

#392 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

Wow, exceptional work as always :lol:

Thank you for sharing this whole project with us :o

James

Thanks - I wanted to make mine a bit different to everyone else and I think I have achieved that.

What a great project, very admirable, fair play to you,you have built an amazing bit of kit!

Thanks - I could have thrown it together and had it running a while back but I chose to take my time and I am still changing my mind on things even at this late stage.

I took it for a spin again on Sunday afternoon, not far, just up the road and return, came back with the biggest grin, really looking forward to finishing it now.........

#393 wtverouden

wtverouden

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Stunning work there mate! The attention for detail is... well let's say... uhhh... speechless!!!

cheers

#394 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

Stunning work there mate! The attention for detail is... well let's say... uhhh... speechless!!!

cheers

Thanks - After seeing your build on here and knowing how tidy it is that is a real compliment.

I am looking forward to making some vid's as I am sure you are too.

#395 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE

Check out the front indicator lenses, aaaargh - another thing to get changed.

Posted Image

#396 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

im liking that shot though, little things like the bulkhead coverings make all the difference on a project like this, congratso!

#397 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

im liking that shot though, little things like the bulkhead coverings make all the difference on a project like this, congratso!

Thanks. The bulkhead has worked out really well.

I just ordered two new lenses, lets hope these match.

#398 basher

basher

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

have you got any pictures of the rear with the diffuser on?

#399 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:04 AM

Basher - Diffuser not fitted yet, I am hoping to get soemthing done over the weekend as I am hoping to get it up on my mates ramp so I can fiddle around underneath, its quite tricky trying to attach it. Plus I am wanting to put a protection plate over all of my pumps/filters/coolant lines in the tunnel, this again I am hoping to get done over the weekend.

#400 THE-BANDIT

THE-BANDIT

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

This is an awesome example of a custom build.

Cant wait to see the finished build as i am guessing so are you.

:dontgetit:

Andy.

#401 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

"Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!" - Smokey and THE BANDIT - one of my favourite films.

Yep your are quite right I am now itching to get it finished. Carpet just arrived, so aim to get that in over the weekend.

#402 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

CARPET TEMPLATING

So I made a decision to cut out the carpets myself, as I had done the hard work of measuring the car and drawing up the templates, then printed out 1:1 and what you see below is the templates in place. I ordered some black carpet (its the same as used in the Bini) and will be doing the carpetting myself, I do intend to order some bespoke mats for the car with some silver beading/edging.

Here are a few snaps of the footwell templates in place, note not all templates are printed yet - thats todays job:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For those interested in engine stuff in the next two photos you can see the engine bay and it is pretty much as it will be for the rest of its life, there are now proper blanking pulgs on top of the charger along with a much tidier layout of the loom (cant really see the loom - dah dahhhhh)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#403 Timify

Timify

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

If it aint finished by the summer someone come and shoot me.

I do plan to get over to the ring, I have a mate who is bang into the ring, he buys a season ticket & shares a tricked out scooby with his mate that lives in Luxembourg and they are getting 8:15 round it and he is always talking about getting the mini over there, plus my brothers into fast bikes and he plans to go over this year so need it ready for May time really - it is acheivable......I just need to extract the digit.

Is it done yet? ;) ... :D

Edited by Timify, 21 May 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#404 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

Narp - Not yet - but it is close, real close and lets face it its not quite summer yet, or is it, damn it, it is isnt it.........

My digit extraction wasnt up to scratch - note to self "Must Extract DIGIT"

Edited by cptkirk, 21 May 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#405 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

THE WEEKEND WAS FRUITFUL

I got much achieved on the weekend, I got the fuel tank protector (75x50 3mm right angle ali along the bottom forward edge), undertray fitted, diffuser semi fitted (requiring support brackets to be fabricated this week), 90% of carpet cut, ready to be stuck in, 50% of carpet stuck in place. but not many pictures as I was pressed for time as I have just dropped the car off to have the doors hung (yer I could probably have hung them myself I just wanted someone else to do it as the doors came with nothing fitted and all the bits in a box), picking it up later in the week.

Undertray and diffuser needed to be fitted before the carpet went in as I needed to drill through the floor.

Fisrt picture shows the car up on the closest thing I have got to a set of ramps, it is jsut the right height to work on the underneath of the car when lying flat on your back.

Second picture is of the ali plate (3mm thick, will take a good battering) before the side rails were fitted. Thanks to Stevie G for letting me in the workshop on a sunday morning to cut it out.

Last picture is of the undertray in place, as you can see it is still in the original wax oil so now needs fresh black wax oil to bring it into line with the rest of the car.

That was all the pictures I got, once it is back with doors I will get the good camera out and start to take some better photos of all the recent work.

Enjoy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users