#406 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Just found a photo of what it looked like before, with the inlcusion of the cut out/new floor for the floor bar into the tunnel, the coolant lines are the closet thing to the floor, so you can see why I wanted to cover the tunnel:

Posted Image

Edited by cptkirk, 24 May 2010 - 02:26 PM.

#407 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

Nice work :P

#408 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Nice work :P

Thanks.

#409 LankyJames

LankyJames

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Local Club: Heavy Handed Cluts Club

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

Kirk, i see the two tubes either side of the tunnel are coolant lines, but excuse my lack of paying attention...but what is that/are those in the centre?

#410 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Kirk, i see the two tubes either side of the tunnel are coolant lines, but excuse my lack of paying attention...but what is that/are those in the centre?

No worries, running from furthest away (nearest to fuel tank):

starting with 10mm pipe
10mm low pressure fuel filter
fuel pump exiting into 8mm fuel pipe
high pressure fuel filter
fuelcat (octane booster),check their website for more details.

then from there (out of picture) the fuel runs to the fuel cooler that is attached to the O/S side vent then into one side of the fuel rail, across the injectors into a fuel pressure sensor for the gauges into a fuel pressure regulator then into the return line that exits into the fuel tank.

I am getting better results with my setup than the regular 8psi JRSC and K20A2 that my tuner is geting from his normal setup, admittedly the exhaust is different to his but the uelcat has got be helping.

#411 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

Been keeping a good eye on this, really nice attention to detail. Keep it up!

#412 shyfd

shyfd

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Andy

I see what you mean now about your tunnel. I didn't realise you had your pump and filters in the tunnel aswell. Good Idea.

#413 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Im sure these octane booster things arnt very effective.. I want to see some numbers and proof! - i also remember seeing a fifth gear episode were they used a liquid 'octane booster' which is added directly to the fuel via the fill-up hole ( sorry minds gone blank LOL) and it had no effect at all.

#414 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

Andy

I see what you mean now about your tunnel. I didn't realise you had your pump and filters in the tunnel aswell. Good Idea.

Cool, I wasnt sure that I had explained it properly to you, I couldnt find that picture of all the stuff in the tunnel when I was trying to explain it to you.

I keeps the front bay tidy and make the most of the space in the tunnel, I am not saying its the best way of doing it but it suited what I wanted to do with keeping the front bay as clutter free as possible and as said before in the build diary the fuel cooler is purely to bring the fuel back down to ambient temperature after it has has the radiator blowing onto it up front and then all the filters+pump and stuff sat with the ali coolant pipes in an eclosed space.

#415 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Been keeping a good eye on this, really nice attention to detail. Keep it up!

Thanks, will try to keep it up, although the more I do, the more obsessed I become about the little details.

#416 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

Im sure these octane booster things arnt very effective.. I want to see some numbers and proof! - i also remember seeing a fifth gear episode were they used a liquid 'octane booster' which is added directly to the fuel via the fill-up hole ( sorry minds gone blank LOL) and it had no effect at all.

I cant give you before and after figures, if I had the time and the money for the dynos I would.

What I can say is that these must have some affect as a Fuelcat is what you use on an old car that previously ran on leaded to make it run on unleaded without having to make mods to the engine. Plus it's not exactly a £4.99 bottle of go faster juice you buy from a garage :)

For those that would like to read more about Fuelcat here is the site: CLICK ME FOR FUELCAT

#417 Timify

Timify

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

We fitted an octane booster to a Vindicator sprint kit-car running a Vtec. I didn't notice any performance boost. But the noticeable effect was it idled a lot better.

The Vtec was in a very hot state of tune, the headwork done by someone in Coleshill, Birmingham near my brother (Who oddly has just done work batch of Vtec Zcars). The rest of the engine was built by my brother. It was always historically an iffy engine and ran rough a dogs. We fitted an octane booster out of curiosity, and it did help the engine run and tick over without making dodgy noises... This was about 3 years ago mind.

#418 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

We fitted an octane booster to a Vindicator sprint kit-car running a Vtec. I didn't notice any performance boost. But the noticeable effect was it idled a lot better.

The Vtec was in a very hot state of tune, the headwork done by someone in Coleshill, Birmingham near my brother (Who oddly has just done work batch of Vtec Zcars). The rest of the engine was built by my brother. It was always historically an iffy engine and ran rough a dogs. We fitted an octane booster out of curiosity, and it did help the engine run and tick over without making dodgy noises... This was about 3 years ago mind.

Thats kinda like what I am trying to say, I dont expect to see huge gains in HP & torque from it but it aint hurting either, so at the end when you add up all the little things you have put in place you end up with an all round better running engine.

#419 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:22 AM

Interior Has Carpet

Been busy busy again getting the carpet done, last bit of carpet to do is the front wheel wells as they are a right barsteward.

The pictures can do the rest of the talking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OH by the way I now have doors, thanks to Trevor at Minis R Us at Twyford (Winchester) more of that to come soon.......

#420 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:42 AM

jesus!
and thats why i drive nice and calm as im merely 20 with 2 years no claims
but with prospects like this in the future theres no rush!
absolutely love it mate!
love the subtleness of the rear mounted engine with cover/box
i want one!
and those wheels are pretty chubby, and as for the sound :)

must be brutal to drive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users