1102 replies to this topic

#691 RawlinsGTR

RawlinsGTR

Formally known as Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

This is the first time that I've seen this thread..

My GOD is your mini cool. It has definately got to be one of the nicest Zcars I've ever seen.

Your mini is my dream car now - whatever it takes, I'm going to end up with a car just like yours.

I'm only 17, so I've got a while to go :P

#692 2lrminivan

2lrminivan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
got more pics if u want

Andy

Edited by 2lrminivan, 25 September 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#693 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

got more pics if u want

Andy

Yes Please, they're really good. I am going to PM you my email address, thanks.

#694 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

This is from yesterday:

As I put in the video info, excuse the driving as its my first time on track, frickin loved it though.......one of the problems with having this car is some people will try there damnedest to get past you even if that means overtaking on the apex of bends where your not supposed to.

I saw it like this - if they want to get past that bad then just let them go rather than have them push it too hard to get past and take you out in the process......

Unfortunately I only made 2 and bit sessions as the sprung steel part of the anti-roll bar snapped so I now need to get another of those - the joys of motoring.......

The red metro had an Elise engine in, very quick and a good driver, he knows his cars limits better than I do mine.

#695 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

Love the car Mate was brilliant to see it in the flesh, sounded awesome up the straight. Both the metro and the pug 205 were quick!

#696 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

Love the car Mate was brilliant to see it in the flesh, sounded awesome up the straight. Both the metro and the pug 205 were quick!

Cheers Dude. Safe to say I will defo be attending next year and getting in some more track time before I come back.

#697 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

So I though I would add a couple of pictures of the offending item that stopped my fun at Combe. I have emailed Steve @ Zcars to see if they're covered under any form of warranty, I will keep you posted........

Posted Image

Posted Image

#698 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Just to say, it was a pleasure to meet you and Mrs cptkirk at Castle Coombe on Saturday, your car looks stunning in the flesh, and fantastic on the track, I will trawl through our photos and see if we managed to catch the exhaust flames under deceleration for the chicane on the back straight.....

Shame part failure stopped play, good luck with your Z-cars warranty claim ;)

#699 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

Just to say, it was a pleasure to meet you and Mrs cptkirk at Castle Coombe on Saturday, your car looks stunning in the flesh, and fantastic on the track, I will trawl through our photos and see if we managed to catch the exhaust flames under deceleration for the chicane on the back straight.....

Shame part failure stopped play, good luck with your Z-cars warranty claim ;)

Likewise on meeting you and mini-rustandoil.

News on the ARB Blade, I have sent it back to Steve and he is going to replace it. Makes me think that I need stiffer springs on the rear also so when I get me 225/45's on the back I might swap out my current springs for a stiffer set with a bit of height removed from them. Also been thinking of a way to make the ARB blades easily adjustable/ able to fine adjust better, will keep you posted.

I would love to see any photos you have, I will PM you my email.

#700 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Thanks to mini-Rustandoil (Mike) I got a few more photos of the car at Castle Combe. In the first picture you can see how much tyre roll I get on those big sidewalled rear tyres, defo time to get the 225/45's on there, also you can see how flat the car corners compared to the PUG205 race car behind. I think with new tyres, lower and stiffer rear springs it should handle really well in the corners, I jsut need to find the pace in my head to go quicker, also going around without a passenger will help matters. Anyhoo, enough of my ramblings here a couple of snaps courtesy of mini-rustandoil:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

News on the ARB, my replacement was sent out yesterday, hoping to recieve today. - thanks Steve @ Zcars...

One slight problem - I wont get to test it out as my clutch gave out on me on Wednesday night, so I am going to replace the carbon disc affair with a whole new setup, Exedy Organic Stage 1 Racing Clutch (Part No. 08806) and Exedy Chromoly Flywheel (Part no. HF02). I am getting the whole setup for £432 including shipping from the Good'ol US of A, looking at prices over here the Flywheel alone is £460 ex P&P and the Clutch around the £300 ex P&P so I can make a huge saving even if I have to pay the 20% VAT on the import.

Also my brakes have gone spongy since the ride out at Combe so I will be looking into that problem.

This will give me a perfect opportunity to give the car a good overhaul, just gutted because its gonna be an awesome weekend weatherwise......

#701 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

I jsut found another good photo showing tyre roll on the Castle Combe Miniworld day on Facebook, if I remember rightly the guy chasing me down in his R1 mini is called Jason and is a mate of Les (Custom Minis Ltd), he got me on a corner in the esses where my back end went out a bit then the engine cut - at the next esses he went for a spin, good fun.....

Posted Image

#702 Benji17x

Benji17x

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Nuts

#703 lourens

lourens

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

Drive it like you stole it... Awesome !!! :thumbsup:

#704 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

I jsut found another good photo showing tyre roll on the Castle Combe Miniworld day on Facebook, if I remember rightly the guy chasing me down in his R1 mini is called Jason and is a mate of Les (Custom Minis Ltd), he got me on a corner in the esses where my back end went out a bit then the engine cut - at the next esses he went for a spin, good fun.....

We are now also using a 245 Kuhmo Ecsta on the 9" rims which despite being the same size is physically small and seems to roll less

#705 andream88

andream88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

We are now also using a 245 Kuhmo Ecsta on the 9" rims which despite being the same size is physically small and seems to roll less

245/50 13 like the AVON CR500?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users