Photo
- - - - -

Another World 1st (you Can't Do That!) From Me?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred & Exhausted mini club

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

youre a crazy guy but i like the idea... hows it all going anyway????

Hi mate, I know I'm crazee but someone has to do it, why not me. :genius:

Been busy since last post - chrissy rush an all. Anyways, been busy on fleabay and now have a few more goodies>>>>

1 tonne forklift stacker - whohoo no more struggling lifting engines or cars :dontgetit:

Posted Image

Corsa dti speedo. :)
Posted Image

Set of low mileage Rover 25 seats ^_^
Posted Image

Vauxhall Diagnostic lead. :techsupport:
Posted Image

Also got software for above lead, tells you everything about your setup and lets you tweak your engine up to an uber grossen 135hp - kool :w00t: :w00t:

Getting a Corsa subframe and together with one of my mini subframes, I'm going to attempt to produce a b*stard from them - if not its probably going to be an allsport jobby otherwise. :lol:

More soon - I hope to get a few bitz done over the crimbo break. :P

#32 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

What ECU are you going to use?

#33 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

What ECU are you going to use?

Already has ECU unit with engine thankfully :D

Just got in from collecting this little number (fleabay @ 25 poonds) - one Corsa dash (for my speedo/dialz). :angry: Going to play/redesign bitz to fit in a wee mini cockpit.

Posted Image

Will be collecting Corsa dti front subbie after Crimbo so I can plan out a Morsa or Corini subframe amalgam. >_< (wotz he on about???) :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Probably going to get into the spirit of these festive doobries now - so to all my readers have a good 'un and letz catch up soon. :o

#34 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

Wooooow, this is gonna be cool! When you're finished, can I buyz? >_<

Have a good Christmas!

#35 minimib

minimib

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

what age corsa engine are you useing

my learner car is a 1.7CDTI "58" reg and it is rapid lol

#36 buddylove

buddylove

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

This is going to be good >_< how wide of wheels can the shell handle? looks pretty damn wide.

#37 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

what age corsa engine are you useing

my learner car is a 1.7CDTI "58" reg and it is rapid lol

Engine's out of a low mileage 05 CDTI - I've driven one and it sure does shift. >_< Thats why I think it'll be ideal for a mini conversion. :D

ps Nice try Benb 12 but this green mini on steroids ain't for sale - it's 4 drivin' big stylie!!!!!!

Edited by dekz2uk, 23 December 2008 - 11:18 PM.

#38 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

This is going to be good :D how wide of wheels can the shell handle? looks pretty damn wide.

BIGGAV will be able to answer that question - it was his shell. I reckon uber wide is the answer, perhaps he can thro some light on it. >_<

Edited by dekz2uk, 23 December 2008 - 11:19 PM.

#39 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:10 AM

This is going to be good :o how wide of wheels can the shell handle? looks pretty damn wide.

BIGGAV will be able to answer that question - it was his shell. I reckon uber wide is the answer, perhaps he can thro some light on it. :)

Indeed....

i fitted 13X7 alleycats with 195X45 13 dunlop SP9000 on the front and 13X8's with 205X50 on the bum. could have gone a bit wider too. they were fat as hell!!!!

#40 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Local Club: none at the moment

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I will be interested to see how you get on with the corsa dash.I just bought a complete w plate 1.6 16valve corsa sport and was thinking of using the dash in mine.I measured it and it looks like its about 2 inches too wide.Was also hoping to use the engine in my allspeed frame but not sure yet if it will fit.Not really worried if it doesnt because i only paid 200 for the car with mot and tax and i can probably get my money back in the spares.If you need any other corsa bits you will have to give me a shout.

bye the way did you ever see that episode of scrapheap challenge when those girls grafted a cavalier diesel onto the front of a mini and then got it sva'tested.looked hideous but they did manage to get it road legal although it was about 4 foot longer than a mini.

cheers and good luck

#41 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

I will be interested to see how you get on with the corsa dash.I just bought a complete w plate 1.6 16valve corsa sport and was thinking of using the dash in mine.I measured it and it looks like its about 2 inches too wide.Was also hoping to use the engine in my allspeed frame but not sure yet if it will fit.Not really worried if it doesnt because i only paid 200 for the car with mot and tax and i can probably get my money back in the spares.If you need any other corsa bits you will have to give me a shout.

bye the way did you ever see that episode of scrapheap challenge when those girls grafted a cavalier diesel onto the front of a mini and then got it sva'tested.looked hideous but they did manage to get it road legal although it was about 4 foot longer than a mini.

cheers and good luck

Hi baggy :huh: Seasonz Greetz.

Yep the dash is a little too wide but I'll play with it to fit and then re-cover it in ??? leatherette/ vinyl so it'll still look the biz. :(

With the speedo has been set back to zero it will look tasty and totally confuse MOT guy!!!!!!

You should have no probz fitting engine on Allspeed subbie, I've already had words with them about various options for mine. :P Missed that S/H challenge
episode - sounds like it was a hoot!!!!

Got myself after-chrizzie pressie - Corsa subbie O_O

Posted Image

Gotta get round to getting engine up onto bench to play with & shell into minishack for a thorough strip/clean & stuff. More soonish. :ermm: :D

#42 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

I bought Marcs unfinished vauxhall project off this forum for a good price and got pretty much everything brand new which was a bit of a bonus.I have sold some of the bits i dont need like the new starmags etc which means my allspeed subframe,driveshafts,rose jointed arms,coilovers and hundreds of other new bits only stand me at 700 quid.I also have a digital dash and a carbon fibre dash but thought if i can get the corsa one in then it would look a bit nicer so i will give it a go.I have a bit of a theme for my rebuild but i am keeping it under my hat at the minute.I also got his shotblasted and rebuilt clubby shell with a fully welded in roll cage but i am doing the conversion on my own clubby so will be auctioning that on fleabay at some point.I have to start a build diary at some point ,think i am out of space for uploading pics and i cant get into my photobucket account but i will take the pics and add them later.Gonna go and remove my engine today from my clubby and fit it in my mates estate.I am surprised how little information i can find on the vauxhall conversions,havn't found anything for the wiring yet so may just pull the whole vauxhall loom out the corsa and adapt it.That might make it easier and more reliable.

anyway less talking about it and more action is whats needed,JUst need to finish the rebuild on my mates estate so i can get my garage back.

#43 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

Looks like you're gettin on with the idea now. The corsa subframe looks pretty long. Had you thought about making a mini type frame (like allspeed) from box section with the mounts off the corsa frame?

I bought Marcs unfinished vauxhall project off this forum for a good price and got pretty much everything brand new which was a bit of a bonus.I have sold some of the bits i dont need like the new starmags etc which means my allspeed subframe,driveshafts,rose jointed arms,coilovers and hundreds of other new bits only stand me at 700 quid.I also have a digital dash and a carbon fibre dash but thought if i can get the corsa one in then it would look a bit nicer so i will give it a go.I have a bit of a theme for my rebuild but i am keeping it under my hat at the minute.I also got his shotblasted and rebuilt clubby shell with a fully welded in roll cage but i am doing the conversion on my own clubby so will be auctioning that on fleabay at some point.I have to start a build diary at some point ,think i am out of space for uploading pics and i cant get into my photobucket account but i will take the pics and add them later.Gonna go and remove my engine today from my clubby and fit it in my mates estate.I am surprised how little information i can find on the vauxhall conversions,havn't found anything for the wiring yet so may just pull the whole vauxhall loom out the corsa and adapt it.That might make it easier and more reliable.

anyway less talking about it and more action is whats needed,JUst need to finish the rebuild on my mates estate so i can get my garage back.

There is loads of information about conversions if you go on 16vminiclub or migweb, the engine loom usually plugs into the normal car loom. so it could just be a case of unplugging the engine loom and finding out what wires you need to go from the engine loom into the car.

On my redtop, theres only a couple of wires : 2 lives, fuel pump, rev counter, ecu light, oil light, no charge light. Its Pretty simple when you've got a wiring diagram.

Edited by RacingGreen, 30 December 2008 - 10:16 PM.

#44 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

Looks like you're gettin on with the idea now. The corsa subframe looks pretty long. Had you thought about making a mini type frame (like allspeed) from box section with the mounts off the corsa frame?

There is loads of information about conversions if you go on 16vminiclub or migweb, the engine loom usually plugs into the normal car loom. so it could just be a case of unplugging the engine loom and finding out what wires you need to go from the engine loom into the car.

On my redtop, theres only a couple of wires : 2 lives, fuel pump, rev counter, ecu light, oil light, no charge light. Its Pretty simple when you've got a wiring diagram.

i spoke to purple tom and he says he only used 6 wires for his 8valve conversion so i will just try and get a vauxhall wiring diagram and check it out.Not sure how much extra wiring would be needed for the 16v if any.I also saw an article from matt at the 16v mini shop where he fitted the same engine i have into his wifes car with the same frame i have.He was running the standard injection system and said it cleared the brake master etc with no problems because the corsa has a shorter inlet,unfortunately i cant find that article and from memory i dont think he showed it completed and he never did an update so i guess i will just have to try and sort it.Don't really wan't to go to bike carbs etc at this stage unless i have to.

sorry for hijacking this thread i will start my own shortly

#45 garethIreland

garethIreland

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Local Club: Miniresource

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

the diesil was a metro diesil, useing the metro sub frame.

its a tu engine.

Sure was. The diesel engine in a metro is the 1.4 Pug/citroen engine. Good little engine except weak headgaskets. This 1.7 cdti convertion is gonna be crazy. They develop crazy power. Even in an astra their not slow. I own a 2nd hand car dealership and i do a lot of Opel (or vauxhall to you english guys) and there a super engine. Gonna keep a close eye on this thread and follow the project.

Fare play to ya man and best of luck with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users