Photo
- - - - -

4x4 ! Discovery Scrapped And Discovery Saved !

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

hi well im shane and currently have loads of projects which im having trouble finishing because of money ( im 14 yr old lol )

well 1 of them is a plan to scrap 1 discovery and put all the bits onto a better condition 1 !

u may have seen the thread about flattening minis with a dscovery....well the crusher got crushed ! take a look at the pictures......

it DID have:
# 2 inch suspention lift with brand new coils and shocks
#Dislocation cones so springs can pop out for more off road capability
# low miliage 3.5 V8 engine ! ( 105 thou miles which is low for 1 of theese ! )
#2 inch body lift
#massive tyres and new rims
#also a REBEL steering guard

u may have seen the " breaking " thread which dident have much sucess:(

anyway the pics !

both of the discoverys belong to me

the red 1is the 1 i scrapped
the blue 1 is the 1 all parts are going on( looks grey but is blue )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

lets have sum opinions then ill post up wha iv done so far ! ( which is a lot)

Edited by autograss, 22 December 2008 - 10:59 PM.

#2 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

I prefer the red one :D

Were do you get all your money from, i would have loved it if i had landys and minis when i was 14

#3 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

I prefer the red one :D

Were do you get all your money from, i would have loved it if i had landys and minis when i was 14

haha i dont think u will prefer the red 1 anymore !
ill post up sum pics of what left of it soon lol

i have :
#stripped off all glass,windows,lights,and intirior
#stripped off the plates that hold the springs in
#stripped out all the wireing and Electronic Control Unit ( ECU )
#stripped off steering arms and pump
#taken off doors and rear seats
#taken off entire body !( and flattend it with a landrover 90 )

the prolem is iv had a second thaught about the blue discovery

unfortunatly it has been damaged as went down a bank that is very steep so the bullbar hit the floor and bent into the bonnet and dented it
also rear bumper corner came off and the passenger door got scratched on a post ( dad was driving with the door )

as the 200tdi engine is very good my dad is having that for a different landrover ( a 110 )
will show pics of the landrovers my family has soon i swapped my dad th discovery for his 90 so now thats mine instead

they are as follows
300TDI discovery in metallic blue with bullbar,spots,rear ladder and side steps( my mums )
200TDI discovery in mistrel blue( my dads )
200 series chassis and v8 engine off a discovery( mine )
landrover series 2A(mine )
landrover 90(mine )
landrover 110(my dads)

#4 minilover

minilover

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

>_<

I dont like the colour much, why not go for the defender?

#5 onlymelloyd

onlymelloyd

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: looking...

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

Looks quite cool, got to say I prefer the 2 door disco to the 4 door one, what was wrong with the red one to justify scrapping it?
My dad and bro are landrover people, between them they have a 59' 2a, a 62' 2a fire engine and a 83' ex army 110. They are quite alot bigger than my minis lol but just as hard to work on! None of them are on the road either!

#6 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

My dad has a 300TDi ES Disco which is a fantastic tool for shifting pretty much anything. His other half has a Freelander V6, possibly more problematic than my mini...

#7 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

hi and thank for the replies ! not many people take interest in my topics :D

MINILOVER: which 1 dont you like the colour of? i might put the bits on the 90 or the 110 not sure yet

ONLYMELLOYED: the red 1 had moest of the intirior wrecked by privious owner,also arches has been cut badly and the floor was rotten,( i made that a lot worse by jumping it 7ft in the air ! which split the body and bent the chassis)

i will post up pics of ours soon as we have a 110 but i dont think its ex army think its just been painted tha way lol im not sure if ours is a 2a so when pic is up can you confirm it for me? also if i can find number plate i cud do with knowing the year.....
iv never seen a fire engine 2a do you have a pic?

BENB12: yes the 300TDI's are a well earned jeep as they tow preety much everything without any problems !
my mate had a 300TDI that ran up 360,000 miles with still no problems !

iv never liked the freelanders much as the 1.8 petrol engines put me off by needing so much attention otherwise the head gaskets blow...

my pics will be up shortly ...
thanks

#8 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

hi and thank for the replies ! not many people take interest in my topics :D

MINILOVER: which 1 dont you like the colour of? i might put the bits on the 90 or the 110 not sure yet

ONLYMELLOYED: the red 1 had moest of the intirior wrecked by privious owner,also arches has been cut badly and the floor was rotten,( i made that a lot worse by jumping it 7ft in the air ! which split the body and bent the chassis)

i will post up pics of ours soon as we have a 110 but i dont think its ex army think its just been painted tha way lol im not sure if ours is a 2a so when pic is up can you confirm it for me? also if i can find number plate i cud do with knowing the year.....

BENB12: yes the 300TDI's are a well earned jeep as they tow preety much everything without any problems !
my mate had a 300TDI that ran up 360,000 miles with still no problems !

iv never liked the freelanders much as the 1.8 petrol engines put me off by needing so much attention otherwise the head gaskets blow...

my pics will be up shortly ...
thanks

#9 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

we definately need some pics
this is my discovery at the moment 300tdi undergoing much welding etc.
Posted Image

and here it is before
Posted Image

and when I first got it
Posted Image

but I also have a defender as well (genuine ex-military)
Posted Image

#10 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

I am more of a Land rover nut at heart but love a good, quick nice mini!! Speaking from more of a landy nutter terms, I'd loose the discos and keep the defender and mini!! Much cooler and well just better!!

Transplant everything you can from the disco onto the Defender and then you'll have a hell of a defender!!

Let me know what your gonna do!!

Many thanks Mark

#11 onlymelloyd

onlymelloyd

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: looking...

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

ex-army can be easy to distinguish if they have old fittings or signs of them, ie, my bros has a funny dial allowing him to turn on each light individually, so he can have just the front lights on or just the rear lights on etc. He also runs off 24 volt batteries, located behind the front seats and has labels here and there about radio gear. From what I remember its a FFR (Fitted For Radio) The paint on it is shocking, just looks like its been brushed on over old paint in a storm! But it came with the army release papers so we know its genuine army paint even though its a mess! Its never been road registered either!
I haven't any good photos of the fire engine, my dad has plenty, I will ask if he minds sharing. again his has never been road registered as it was used on a air field all its life, up to around 10 years ago when it was sold and left to rust! as a result it has very low mileage, just over 20,000 miles showing, and needs some tlc but luckily not too much. The engine is amazing, so clean and quiet.
Its difficult to determine a 2a from a photo see here to find out why: - http://en.wikipedia....nd_Rover_Series
Basically there are few differences between a 2, 2a and 3. A give away between 2 and 2a can be the lights but is usually the engine. The 2a and 3 look very similar but a 3 will always have a plastic grill and a 2a a metal one. The registration should give away the year and thus tell you which series it is.

#12 Jimmy Hat

Jimmy Hat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

So as well as destroying good Minis, you also enjoy destroying good Landys as well then?? Do you have some kind of vast endless pit of money that you can just waste??

j/k :shifty: I preferred the red one actually, was that one LPG? Guessing from the big hole in the wing that it was?

Edited by Jimmy Hat, 26 December 2008 - 12:25 AM.

#13 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

i think the hole is for a snorkle :shifty:

#14 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

i think the hole is for a snorkle :shifty:

Im thinking the same as this man

#15 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

i think the hole is for a snorkle :lol:

Im thinking the same as this man

im pritty sure because i swear thats where the box for the air induction is i think lol :shifty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users