#17 JordanRaisbeck

JordanRaisbeck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Local Club: NEMC

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

Wow nice, id love to do a project lyk this, but its money money money lol. :) Good luck on completin the car :ermm:

#18 Gsybeach

Gsybeach

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Well, I have finally completed my project after a total of 13 months of hard work. I've got my insurance sorted so I'll just be regitering it this week and then out for my first drive - can't wait!

I'm sure there may be still be some teething troubles to sort out but here is the finished product!

Attached Files

#19 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

Great stuff looks great. Got any pictures of the inside? Two Zcars in the channel islands now. You doing any events this year?

Really like how you have done your exhaust. Lookin forward to having a closer look and a good talk!

Nice 1,
Mark

#20 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

Good Work. Congrats on completing it.

#21 Gsybeach

Gsybeach

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

Just thought I would add the last lot of photos including a few of the interior. I'm having so much fun driving it!

I had a couple of teething troubles which have now been sorted.
1. I have now covered the bulk head in dynamat. I wasn't too bothered about the noise, but more to reduce the heat in the cabin. This seems to work a treat and is now much cooler and quieter.
2. I double wrapped the exhaust.
3. I also drained the oil to re-route an oil pipe that was beginning to show signs of melting as it was so close to the exhaust. The standard Busa pipe runs very close to the Z-cars exhaust, so with a little careful bending there's now a decent gap. Also covered it in heat shield material.
4. The bolts holding the split sprocket on had come loose to the point only 3 bolts were left holding it on! I am so pleased I noticed this before disaster struck! It turns out the kit bolts were a little short and did not quite reach the end of the nyloc nuts. 10 longer bolts sorted this out, although it was a bugger to fix as there are washers hiding in between the sprocket and reverse gear that have to be carefully placed before inserting the bolts.

Can't wait to get in on the track or hill/sprint. Speed limit is only 35mph here!!!

Attached Files

#22 Gsybeach

Gsybeach

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Had some awesome fun at the weekend with my first Sprint which was very wet as it hammered down all afternoon. In spite of this I kept the road tyres on and it was so quick off the line. I won my class as the front wheel drives were struggling.

check out

Also did the hillclimb on monday in the dry with the slicks. Good fun but still getting used to it. Should still be able to find a few seconds.
The inside rear wheel was still off the ground and spinning despite the LSD. Maybe I need to stiffen the suspension up a bit.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users