#286 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

lol

so... by putting my mini back on the road after £1000s in bills and customising it to what I want, i'm destroying it. Rrrrrright. That figures. If owners didn't modify them, they'd be just another car no one cared out and as such be rarer than they are now due to lack of maintenance and write offs. Think about what your asking, and what your saying inadvertently. Then retract your comments!

#287 bigmotherwhale

bigmotherwhale

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

yes you are getting to old.
why not modify to make it better and no one can tell anyone what better is for each person is an individual,

you seem to think that someone putting a carb in a mini is a crazy idea but i dowt you have the technical knowlige to know why.

some people think that the factory made the mini as best it could be made and any changes will not improve things, things were made to a budget including the brakes, would you increase insurance premiums for better brakes? just becuse its a mod? oh and standard factory spec tyres should only be used? even tho their grip is worse?
where do you draw the line maybee we shoud all go back to mk1 becuse thats the original mini, or maybee horse drawn cart.
rover also barryed up the mini, all things are a mod on the original design they added crazy things like airbags seatbelts, side impact bars more powerfull engines, sound familiar?
sounds like what people do continuing to do, make the mini keep up with the times.

i just read the bit about cut springs, and cars bouncing down the road it seems you dont even have the technical knowledge to differenciate between damping and springs - i highly reccomend you dont tinker with your mini, if i learned YOU had modified you car and i was an insurance company i probably would want huge money!

Edited by bigmotherwhale, 25 February 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#288 BLUE ITALIAN JOB

BLUE ITALIAN JOB

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Local Club: thames valley

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

its a mini thing , no two cars are the same , all owners but bits on / take bits off , its a mini ,
if only factory options allowed would the cooper have ever been born ?
the manufacturer will only offer options if they can sell them AND they are asked for the parts that are not already fitted to the car ,
but yes there should be a line as to what is fitted , fitting an engine in the boot must change the whole handling /safty / structure of the shell , would it get a 5star crash test rating ????? hang on a mo - does the standard mini ???
filling them with speeeeekers , ok - if that you thing - but keep it to a limit , not everyone has the same taste in music and may not want to hear you drive by with a big base thumping from two blocks away - same with exhausts
its a mini thing - you do because you can and you can because its a mini

think this topic is going to run and run

#289 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:13 AM

I was talking about dogging to a 15 year old?!?!?!?

Looks like Minxy needs a good spanking for that one.. LMAO..

#290 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

Here's a pic of my modified Mini... I have added extra foot ware and a pink studded collar, i know she's not standard any more but i like my modifications and i think they suit her well, i hope i'm not going to get too grilled for modifying a completely standard original Mini...

P.S. her name is Mini...

Posted Image

#291 Disco Dan

Disco Dan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Local Club: MCCoA

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

woah, you lot are still whinging about this?

How many times do you all need to be told to read? Shocking... really is!

I modify minis, I enjoy modifying minis. I think putting dustbin exhausts motorbike engines and gull wing doors are defamatory to the mini - but as I stated VERY clearly... that is simply my opinion.

My ORIGINAL post - again - for the dozens of you that are obviously too stupid or blind to read the first time... asked WHY YOU MODIFY YOU MINI. Again, stating I personally had no issue with modifications other than extreme things I have already listed... which I will not repeat again because you should have read it already ! !

My gosh... all the re-posts, quotes from other threads??? Are you really THAT bored and THAT stupid?

You all keep reminding me why I left my homeland of Kent for New Zealand...

#292 erica

erica

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club Inc.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:21 AM

My ORIGINAL post - again - for the dozens of you that are obviously too stupid or blind to read the first time... asked WHY YOU MODIFY YOU MINI. Again, stating I personally had no issue with modifications other than extreme things I have already listed... which I will not repeat again because you should have read it already ! !

so if all you wanted to know was "WHY YOU MODIFY YOU MINI?",

perhaps your original post should have just been "WHY DO YOU MODIFY YOU MINI?"

makes sense to me. :D

#293 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hoping to have a good debate here on this one..

...? :D

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 25 February 2009 - 09:09 AM.

#294 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

I modify minis, I enjoy modifying minis. I think putting dustbin exhausts motorbike engines and gull wing doors are defamatory to the mini - but as I stated VERY clearly... that is simply my opinion.

My gosh... all the re-posts, quotes from other threads??? Are you really THAT bored and THAT stupid?

Errr well we did read.. erm infact we read your first post, i think you need to read and understand your own post before you can critisize others for not reading it!!!

Well if we're that bored and stupid then obviously you are too as you keep posting on here too. In your first post you posted 'Hoping to have a good debate here on this one..' as Craig rightly pointed out and now your getting one your criticizing us over it.. er 'Dime Bar??' (for the younguns out there stick Dime Bar in you tube you'll see where i'm coming from)

So you left Kent to go to New Zealand because of a post you put on a forum.. good for you one less idiot in this country!!

#295 Goldie1275

Goldie1275

Brilliant With Her Baubles

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Local Club: Surrey Hills Mini Group

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

my partner nearly 26 and has a 1970 850 that now has a 1293 100ish bhp motor if he had not of rebuilt this car it would probably of been scraped the car has had all the brakes and suspention uprated to match the power and will have a roll cage to make it stronger and safer and he doesn't drive it fast on the road but he loves minis and just wanted to see what he could do with one keeping with the A series engine, he's modifed it to look like a mk1 too as when he got it he could not afford one,

we also has a 1964 countryman that has had some modification in the past (a 1098 motor instead of the 850) that we are returning to stock but this is a long way of as is very rough.

#296 nurseholliday

nurseholliday

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

I answered your question.

Nothing wrong with cut springs.....

I bought aftermarket speakers because I wanted to listen to music. Loudly. With clarity. I also wanted people 3 cars away to be able to listen as well if I so wished.

Power modifying/engine conversions is all about going faster, if you have to ask why, then you'll never understand.

You wanted a debate! You didn't even respond to my answer.

I'm glad you left Kent. You can't even follow through with your initial intentions.

Amateur.

#297 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

Oh dear. Has this turned bad again? :)

Play nicely people, or I'll bang yer heads together. :withstupid:

#298 maph2

maph2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Local Club: Poor Boys Warwick

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

any chance that a hall monitor can close this thread. its obvious the OP is talking out of his poop-chute.

i refer to my previous post

#299 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

Ahh... now it's in bold you make sense. Silly me.

#300 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

i did read your first post, and it was a full of stereotyping younger car owners! and then you insulted a car made by a british based company, which many of us drive, and a country most of the members of the forum, like yourself are from! you give the thread a rediculas name, and then have a go at us for replying to either the thread name or what you put in your first post! why didnt you just put "What makes you want to mod your mini?"

exactly how many minis do you see with outragous body kits? im not talking about zeemax body kits or whatever they are called! im talking about "barry boy" kits? i bet you could count them on your hands as there arent many! and as for "dustbin exhausts" you cant put one on a mini anyway as you cant go over speedbumps! all of the "loud" exhausts are engineered to be loud, not just a big pipe! and to be honest, thats more tuning than modding, as it gives a better sound, and a better response! WHICH IS WANTED BY MORE THAN JUST YOUNG UNS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users