Photo

What's The Top Speed In Everyones Minis?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 danny1

danny1

In the navy you can sail 7 peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

i gave mine a good service and im thinkign of getting k*n air filters so that shoudl help buts runnign way better now, just wish all the rattles woudl go there making me nervious, im constanly thinkign somethign gonna fall of and its gonna be soemthgin importand liek my radiator ahaha

#32 Disco Dan

Disco Dan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Local Club: MCCoA

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

i gave mine a good service and im thinkign of getting k*n air filters so that shoudl help buts runnign way better now, just wish all the rattles woudl go there making me nervious, im constanly thinkign somethign gonna fall of and its gonna be soemthgin importand liek my radiator ahaha

Hubcaps that I keep losing! Lost two now, and flipping expensive to buy!!! (NZD$130 new)

#33 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

I got Matilda (standard Mpi) to 110 mph on the M40 without realising it. I shat me pants when I looked at the speedo & I won't try it again. :)

80 mph is the fastest we go nowadays, and that's normally just for overtaking.

#34 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

they are not too bad over 120mph, they quieten down and even on a sc/cr box with s/c drops it goes quieter too, the only thing you have to watch out for is that the top part of your door frame is strong as they bend out quite a bit doing over 100mph

i've had mine up to 130.3mph on a track with speed measuring equipment and 2POB, it did have more to go but i ran out of straight line track and trying to stop a mini from that speed.. hmmm fun.. lol

On the rolling road with the final drive i was runing it would do 170mph lol but on the road i think the max would be about 140mph

#35 daemonchild

daemonchild

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

they are not too bad over 120mph, they quieten down and even on a sc/cr box with s/c drops it goes quieter too, the only thing you have to watch out for is that the top part of your door frame is strong as they bend out quite a bit doing over 100mph

i've had mine up to 130.3mph on a track with speed measuring equipment and 2POB, it did have more to go but i ran out of straight line track and trying to stop a mini from that speed.. hmmm fun.. lol

On the rolling road with the final drive i was runing it would do 170mph lol but on the road i think the max would be about 140mph

I've been sat IN a modern Seat Ibiza doing 130 and that was scary enough.
In a mini... bicycle clips anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users