116 replies to this topic

#46 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

May want to take the water/heater lines off and plug those while your at it. I think I ended up taking my manifold off nearly ten times! Do you have to? No, but it makes it so much cleaner. Oh and plug the back outlet and lose the big ugly black pipe running along the side.

Yeah thats the next bit is to get rid of all the heater hoses. I can go the easy route and just loop it or remove all the hoses. Just need to block the block and the thermostat and I'm golden :D

K decided to go the elimination route. Just order the plug for the Block and the Thermostat plug. once they arrive will throw up the pics. Looks fairly straight forward.. Funny how much stuff is not needed on the engine.

#47 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

Well I ended up taking off the the Manifold again, not too much of a big deal makes it easier to get at all the stuff underneath. Lyle maybe you can help so I have looked over the Coolant line delete and I am left with 1 open question with regards to the IACV bypass on the TB. I have 1 hose coming off the Water Outlet assy and not sure how to reroute it??

Worst case comes to worse I can just plug up the hose with a plug or something but would prefer something a little less ghetto. The Water Outlet assy I have is different from the K20A2 assy whoch have two outlets and you just simply loop the nipples and you are all set to go like below:

Posted Image

But my assy only has one outlet:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Been researching this for hours and can't find a direct answer :D

#48 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

lol - my assy only has one outlet too - isn't that the way they come from the "factory" :thumbsup: >_<

Edited by Monte Busa, 06 July 2009 - 12:49 AM.

#49 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:48 AM

lol - my assy only has one outlet too - isn't that the way they come from the "factory" :( >_<

Not sure I have been looking through the K20 forums and everyone seems to have this valve:

Posted Image

I have ordered this valve as it seems the cleanest way to go. I could just remove the nipple on my valve and plug it don't want to do this. Still trying to figure out whats going on with this valve. Did you have a JDM K20A?

Hopefully all the pieces will arrive this week and I can remove half of the excess hoses from the engine block.. Hope its all worth it, I think it will be. Removal of all this excess weight will mean I can have that extra Cheese Burger tonight :thumbsup:

#50 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

lol - my assy only has one outlet too - isn't that the way they come from the "factory" :dontgetit: :(

I read this again and I get it :o Funny one LOL >_<

I am just not on form today for some reason. Better change direction and not plug that outlet now :thumbsup:

Edited by irishdude, 06 July 2009 - 02:52 AM.

#51 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

I have two like the top...

The first thing I did was unscrewed the top brass piece on that inlet and plug it however if you dont mind the extra hoses around leave it.

The bottom one I unscrewed it as well and bored out a bit and retapped and its now being used for my water temp.....but it can just be plugged it only serves as a warmer for the throttle body in cold temps. The inlet on the throttle body can just be left alone or unscrewed and tapped as well.

#52 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

I have two like the top...

The first thing I did was unscrewed the top brass piece on that inlet and plug it however if you dont mind the extra hoses around leave it.

The bottom one I unscrewed it as well and bored out a bit and retapped and its now being used for my water temp.....but it can just be plugged it only serves as a warmer for the throttle body in cold temps. The inlet on the throttle body can just be left alone or unscrewed and tapped as well.

yeah just going to leave in the Idle Air Assist valve for now and see how it goes. Not a bigger to leave in or take out. I think I will just go with the loop, just buy the USDM water outlet assy and go from there. one more excuse to get new car parts :thumbsup:

#53 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:49 AM

obtuse humour - it's my specialty!

lol - my assy only has one outlet too - isn't that the way they come from the "factory" ;D :lol:

I read this again and I get it ;D Funny one LOL :D

I am just not on form today for some reason. Better change direction and not plug that outlet now :lol:

#54 richieg

richieg

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

Not long now for delivery, any update??

How is the shell looking, did you get it finished or painted?

#55 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Still waiting on the first shipment its stuck in customs as we speak. It was suppose to arrive last weekend so I am hoping for a quick turnaround this week and see it this weekend. Fingers Crossed.

Haven't done much with teh shell just painted the inside just to clean it up a bit before I test fit the chassis. Then once its test fitted I will be sending it off to the painters.

Just been tipping away at the Engine these past few days. Ended up getting all the Heater lines removed and it cleaned up the engine nicely of useless pipes and hoses. Here are a few pics of what went on:

Before the lick of paint:

Posted Image

Afterwards

Posted Image

not too worried about this part as it will be all dynamatted and carpeted. So I really just did this to clean it up when I fit the chassis nad make everything easier to locate.

While I was painting the FedEx man came with some boxes of bits and pieces for the engine block

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I got to removing all the Heater stuff. Its amazing how much crap is on the engine you don't need.

Posted Image

Here is the Thermostat housing plug and Heater outlet plug from the block

Posted Image
Posted Image

installed. Quite an easy installation if I do say so.

Posted Image

This more or less shows the space where the heater assy was.

Posted Image

Here some pic
Posted Image

Only thing remaining is the wiring and I have a secret weapon coming up to help with that next month so it will be all nice and clean and tucked :)

Some more pics of all the parts I removed from the Engine block..

Posted Image
Posted Image

Fingers crossed the Kits will be arriving soon.

On a positive note www.zcarsusa.com has final gone live. I will be adding more and more things once I get going over here.

#56 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hehehehe is amazing how much crap is on the engines that you dont need to keep when doing "our" kind of conversions.

#57 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hehehehe is amazing how much crap is on the engines that you dont need to keep when doing "our" kind of conversions.

Yeah there is tons of stuff you don't need.. Would be great to get an external water pump free up some more. Looked at going the 3 pulley route also but I heard it was alot of hassle. I am happy with the EP3 setup for now..

Probably going to end up leaving the IAAV on the water outlet for now too, just easier. Once i get the car set-up niceley it will be easy remove it. Might end up getting a bigger Throttle Body and really that will be it performance wise..

If this get going well, we might be seeing a ZCARS USA, Timeattack next year :) then we can go all out on power.. Then again I always get too excited about these things..

#58 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

There are a few real nice throttle bodies out there. I personally have the 70mm BDL

Its all easily removable now that the one under the intake is gone thats the hardest one to get at after the engine is in the subframe.

#59 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:47 AM

Now you're talking! Pick a date that we can target and I'll make sure my all singing, all dancing Monte hayabusa turbo is there!

If this get going well, we might be seeing a ZCARS USA, Timeattack next year :P

#60 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:01 AM

Now you're talking! Pick a date that we can target and I'll make sure my all singing, all dancing Monte hayabusa turbo is there!

If this get going well, we might be seeing a ZCARS USA, Timeattack next year :(

I am serious we'll get something going, once I can get this car off the car and start getting some more people over here with the ZCars Mini's we can defo start getting a load of us together..

Once I get the car finished that will be the next thing on my agenda to start organising :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users