The Brains Behind TMF's Secret Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

:thumbsup:

Told you it'd be worth the wait!

Yeah, you were right!
You only want to recommend them so everybody goes in and see's your magazine spread, framed on their walls!!!! :w00t: :thumbsup:

Pictures will be on by tonight!!!

To be honest, I didn't even KNOW they'd framed and hung it! They just asked if they could use the spread seen as they've rebuilt him. Didn't cost me anything, so I agreed! :thumbsup:

#32 matminicity

matminicity

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Local Club: T.M.F

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

FINALLY got round to adding some pic's that i took before putting her back in the garage!!!
What does everyone think of her now???

Before;
Attached File  minis_013.jpg   526.48K   44 downloads

After;
Attached File  Mini_Now__002.jpg   1.94MB   45 downloads

Attached File  Mini_Now__005.jpg   1.84MB   17 downloads

Attached File  Mini_Now__008.jpg   2MB   17 downloads

Attached File  Mini_Now__007.jpg   2.01MB   38 downloads

Still got some work to do on her and parts on order that will need fitting when they arrive, but i think she looks a million times better than before already! :shy:

#33 lance

lance

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

gorjus job mate!!!!! just my styling that is !!! well done

#34 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

mate that looks gawjus now

nice job done on it :shy:

#35 matminicity

matminicity

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:43 AM

nice job done on it :thumbsup:

Like i said in your thread on getting your mini sorted - take it down to Paul @ Old Skool Mini - he will sort you out and have yours looking like new in no time! :shy:

#36 matminicity

matminicity

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

gorjus job mate!!!!! just my styling that is !!! well done

Thanks mate - i've still got a fair bit to do before it's exactly how i planned.
Got an exposed weave carbon fibre bonnet and boot lid being made as we speak, got new chrome spot lights+fog lights being fitted, minifin rear brakes, new interior, fibreglass dashboard and centre console with new dials, full roll cage, and then when all that is done - going to get a promotive R1 kit to give it the power to match the looks!!!! :thumbsup: :shy:
Gonna be an expensive few months, but it will be well worth it when its all done!!!

#37 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

Very tasty :(

#38 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

nice job done on it :P

Like i said in your thread on getting your mini sorted - take it down to Paul @ Old Skool Mini - he will sort you out and have yours looking like new in no time! :P

question is will mine make it there lol.
looked over it with my dad not long ago as we thought the rear left bearing had gone because i could hear an air plane sound lol

turns out bearing is fine just had no grease whatsoever so we greased that up.
then looked at the hole in the rear bin on left side no good =[
then discovered hole in the floor panel and sill on left side so need that looked at and stuff

turns out my radius arms ill haha so either needs a new'un or old'un re-reemed.
so im thinking going to old skools is a bit far for it atm need to find somewhere closer to home

#39 matminicity

matminicity

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

nice job done on it :angel:

Like i said in your thread on getting your mini sorted - take it down to Paul @ Old Skool Mini - he will sort you out and have yours looking like new in no time! :P

looked over it with my dad not long ago as we thought the rear left bearing had gone because i could hear an air plane sound lol

then discovered hole in the floor panel and sill on left side so need that looked at and stuff

so im thinking going to old skools is a bit far for it atm need to find somewhere closer to home

They have a low-loader recovery truck that they use to collect and deliver - means you wont have to drive it there :D
Give them a call to see what kind of prices they would charge you - or alternatively, if you are going to Himley next sunday, my mini is on display on their stand, so come and see me and i will introduce you to them :P

#40 matminicity

matminicity

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Very tasty :P

Cheers Michelle - still not as nice as yours though :P

#41 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

Monty's a special case, black's one of those colours that looks cracking when it's handled properly... Paul & his crew know exactly what they're doing with it! They deserve all the credit. They started the ball off, I just kept it rolling with several hours of spit and polish a week.

Monty and I are actually on the Ltd Ed's stand at Himley, so we'll see you there!

#42 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

nice job done on it :D

They have a low-loader recovery truck that they use to collect and deliver - means you wont have to drive it there :teehee:
Give them a call to see what kind of prices they would charge you - or alternatively, if you are going to Himley next sunday, my mini is on display on their stand, so come and see me and i will introduce you to them :angel:

ahh never knew they had a recovery truck and did pick ups :P
might still be worth it then ill have to send them some pictures and details see what they quote me on.
not going to be able to make Himley this year but cheers for the offer though :teehee:

#43 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

nice job done on it :D

They have a low-loader recovery truck that they use to collect and deliver - means you wont have to drive it there :teehee:
Give them a call to see what kind of prices they would charge you - or alternatively, if you are going to Himley next sunday, my mini is on display on their stand, so come and see me and i will introduce you to them :angel:

ahh never knew they had a recovery truck and did pick ups :P
might still be worth it then ill have to send them some pictures and details see what they quote me on.
not going to be able to make Himley this year but cheers for the offer though :teehee:

You're better to speak to them personally/via phone ;)

Paul isn't adverse to coming to have a look if the Min can't be moved. At the moment they have an 8 week waiting list for major work though and are still struggling to organise themselves after the recent move.

Went to see them last week to get a hose... place looked like a bomb had gone off in the shop :) Not the organised Old Skool I'm used to! LOL

#44 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

the mini can be moved id jsut rather not drive it with the radius arm as wobbly as it seems.

well as far as a ino the left sill needs replacing, hole in rear bin needs welding and radius arm replacing.

how long would all that usually take to do then?
and yeh i have heard they have long waiting list hence why im trying to find somewhere closer to home to be honest.

#45 matminicity

matminicity

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

the mini can be moved id jsut rather not drive it with the radius arm as wobbly as it seems.

well as far as a ino the left sill needs replacing, hole in rear bin needs welding and radius arm replacing.

how long would all that usually take to do then?
and yeh i have heard they have long waiting list hence why im trying to find somewhere closer to home to be honest.

To be quite honest, i wouldnt have a clue about how long it would take them to do the work - i know they like having mini's with easy fixes/fast turn-arounds as most of the stuff they have there are long term projects, so it would definately be worth having a chat with them/going to see them.
Shame your not coming to Himley Hall - i thinks its going to be a great show this year :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users