17 replies to this topic

#16 myblumini

myblumini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

the orginal finish on a 95 mini would be spray sealer not stone chip this is applied with a spray sealer gun sealer is around 13quid a tube and to do a pair of sills you need at least 1 tube, and a spray sealer gun.

dave

Have looked the net for spray sealer and maybe I am not very good at searching but could not find it. Do you have a brand and where do you get it from?. Also could you spray it from a normal paint spray gun?
Will be doing it this weekend so need to get on Friday if not looks like it will be Tetra seal or my mate said he used 'plastic padding Stonechip protect' a long time ago and would give the orange peel effect I want ( it has a rally car on the tin)?LinkEbay link on ebay but my auto shop has it cheaper plus no postage.
Has any body tried Plastic padding Stonechip protect?

#17 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

ok spray sealer is applied from a tube spray gun. mine came from wurth uk but brown brothers i know sell the air driven sealer guns too.

the sealer is again the one i use wurth, but 3m i know do a 2k spray sealer in a bag for example.

no u cant use a normal spray gun.

dave

#18 myblumini

myblumini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

Looks like the spray sealer would be best but would have to get a gun as well so getting pricey. Also time running out as need car back on road for 1st May. Looks like plasticpadding stuff for now to touch up problem bits than paint over. Will have to re-vist this when car comes off road in winter and arrange to get sills done at a body shop with the spray sealer then I will paint or get loan of the gun bit and do myself like factory finish.

Thanks for all your Help.

Will post picture of finished car soon. Cage, lights, arches etc etc. And looking forward to summer of mini driving hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users