1057 replies to this topic

#31 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

I was semi busy at the weekend and pick up a couple of things that were needed for the project ..... namely a 6" extended fibrglass flipfront and oh yeah a running sierra cosworth!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cossy has a bigger t34 turbo and bigger 803 injectors. I just need to swap the gearbox (one included in the sale) as it pops out of fourth. The person who i bought it from just couldnt be bothered to get it done!

So all I need is a cage to build from and the project can get underway - but i think some detailed measuring is required first!

#32 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

I love you hahahaha when can i borrow the mini cossy

#33 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

Well I still have to do the hard bit yet and build it . Buying the parts is easy in comparison. I have plenty of head scratching moments ahead of me!

Still deciding on whether i should see about incorporating the cosworth strut tops. I think once I get under the cossie and take some measurements i will have a better plan of what I will be able to use and what will have to be hand built (ball ache)

I seem to dwell on things that are so way off in the future, like wanting a front exit exhaust and what chip to get while in actual fact I should be focusing on suspension alignment and rear diff carriers!

#34 rick.spi

rick.spi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

i love minis but.... COZZY SIERRA!!! :D, seems a shame to chop a good 1!!!

#35 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Are you on about the mini? :D)

#36 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Inbetween the rain I have been stripping the sierra and trying to make sense of what wires I do and dont want! Needless to say the loom will just be the bare essentials so all the electric windows etc will be coming out!

Posted Image

Admittedly this isnt the impressive update that everyone is looking for but it still neees to be done! Once the sierra has been stripped and parts sold the cutting can commence!! Ha ha

#37 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

at least yout doing something makes me happy :lol:

#38 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

Cheers for the words of encouragement, as I've just spent all evening on the loom and it doesn't seem to be any different! Lol
I've got the weekend to work on it so I will be happy! Hopefully it will start again!

#39 dougie1142

dougie1142

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

:thumbsup: keep on grinding!! (almost :wub: )

#40 tangoedmini

tangoedmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

I love my mini but i cant believe your cutting up a cossie!!

And surely the cossie will have a limiter, meaning it will only go so fast E.G 150 mph, and if its limited it wont go any fatser no matter what its in?! it'll just get there quicker being in a lighter car

#41 jplonie

jplonie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

No... Wait... don't cut that w i r e....
Good luck with the spaghetti junction you got going on there. S'pose you have to do the silly little things before you can get your teth in to the bigger stuff!

J

#42 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

Having a look into things I dont believe the cossie is electronically speed limited, which means it will be the gearing and power that limits the top speed! Im not that fussed about a top speed, but as you say 150mph should suit me fine!!!! Its more the acceleration that I am after - hence the large engine, 2l turbo, and lots of grip, 4x4!!

Im aiming for crazy acceleration, so I am after alot of torque and power in a lightweight car! Hopefully once its finished it will fit the bill!

As for the loom, I have thinned it out abit and have three sainsburys bags full of wiring and they weight quite alot! I havent fully finished the job as I have been distracted by the thoughts of an anti lag system!

#43 johnbest981

johnbest981

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

I like it when projects are nicely laid out, with pictures and explanations, so that you can really follow whats going on.
Couple this with your mad plans for a engine and you've got a instant subscription from John! aha.

Keep up the goooooooddd work.

John.

#44 v8cos

v8cos

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Good luck with your Cossie conversion, there's 3 Cossie powered minis that I know of in Essex but they are all RWD.

#45 kmol468

kmol468

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

No real progress made just more thinning of the loom. Once it's sorted, I will show you the bags of wires!

V8cos: I don't suppose you have any information about them? Pictures, blogs, or websites even, I know it's a long shot, but it would be interesting to see how they shoe horned it in and what components they retained from the mini!

Edited by kmol468, 23 July 2009 - 08:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)