i look forward to it!!

#197 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

Ah hah! Good to see this thread back up and running again!.

#198 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

thanks guys,.. Postman delivered a little something for me today -

My new rear fog lamp, I'm going to hang it from a bracket to the underside of the rear valance lip. Maybe spray the dome satin black to go with the ratty bumpers etc... I'm not sure yet. The Eyebrow is adjustable so i'll probably turn it so that's it's on the top of light when i hang it. It's a bright little bugger for it's size!

and the beauty is the wiring's all ready on the car left over from the old one. Nothing better than plug and play!

Shiny oooooh.
Posted Image

#199 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

thats pretty!!!!! weres it from??

#200 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

Sheeet! I've been looking for one of those for aaaaaaaaagesss.

I can only ever find them in orange..

#201 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

That really is lovely.

#202 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

Little update -

**I've sourced a couple of 10" tyres for the reverse rims when i move over to them after the MOT's done on the 12" steels. **Painted the inside floor on the drivers side - Should be ordering a carpet set soon.

Decided on the colour of the reverse rims - solid anthracite and then I'll fit the stainless caps I have, chrome is tooo shiny :goaway:

Just found my Halfords trade card so i can get ordering Oil, and coolant ready for the big -attempt in a couple of weeks.

#203 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Little update for you all.

Finally got round to stripping down the Passenger side Front Brake system - The hub nut was being incredibly stubborn so in the end we took the whole shaft/disc/hub assembly down to my local garage to borrow their Air gun,.. soon had it off.

So I got back home and stripped it down, everything looks good, clean grease in the bearing and no visible wear so I've replaced the Outer CV boot (main reason for stripping it down) and started to de-gunge everything else ready for painting and re-assembly. I'll also replace the inner CV Boot whilst I'm in there since it only takes 2 minutes.
Posted Image

Once this side is all built up (probably by this weekend providing the ball joints are okay) I just have to clean up the O/S rear drum backplate and fit new shocks,... then she'll be rolling on all 4's again!!! Also found my Halfords card again (thought I'd lost it) so I can get some discount Engine fluids etc ready for startup (long awaited!)

Also Painted the drivers side floor up and will chuck another coat on later tonight after Dinner :D

#204 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hi retro the builds looking good and i would really love to no were you got this please
Posted Image

keep up the good work

YetI

#205 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

Well the mini bug has truly come back and bitten me again as I sneaked out quietly to the garage this morning before breakfast:

** Hub painted
** Drive flange painted
** Disc shield painted
** Caliper painted

Now i just need to get both ball joints off and rebuild them, one has come off nicely and looks like It'll be fine with a shim removed and a new lock tab... the other ball joint is Fapping tight!

#206 george91

george91

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

going well, loving the fog lamp.

#207 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for the comments.

Postman bought me a sticker today for the air filter box, I'd rather have got the Proper Unipart sticker, but Opted for the Cooper Garage sticker instead hehe.
Posted Image

Quite a productive day -

** New side lights bulbs resulted in functional sidelights again (nice easy fix for once!)
** Passenger side Drive shaft+joints rebuilt - I've slid the shaft back in place now - but lost the cable tie for the inner joint!
** Brake Caliper, Stone guard, and Disc are all ready to go back on now after a quick tidy up and paint.
** Re-shimmed Top Ball Joint, all went smoothly, Still can't get the bottom joint off so I'll come back to that
** Removed the front shock absorbers for replacement - just a little rusty but since the backs are getting replaced I figured it makes sense to do the whole lot.
Posted Image

Started on the door cards today as well, After getting very frustrated being constantly outbid on Dirty old Door cards that shouldn't hold any value... I've made the decision to recover my own. So I set about Slowly teasing the material off. Thankfully it came off nicely. I'll probably just leave the door cards nice and understated, less is more!
Posted Image

Start-up looming in the next couple of weeks.

#208 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Started on the door cards today as well, After getting very frustrated being constantly outbid on Dirty old Door cards that shouldn't hold any value...

I know the feeling!

#209 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

wow just spent a looonnng time reading this

and it looks good, specially like what you've done with the airflow mods etc etc

can't wait to see it all finished and stuff

keep up the good work :-

#210 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

** Just ordered an RC40 Fitting kit so that I can get the rest of the system on.
** Got two 10" tyres arriving tomorrow morning for my reverse rims :teehee: which I'll start re-furbing soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users